Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Content creation during a pandemic.

I really don't understand the protestors who are baying for freedom. The ultimate cost could be their death or the death of their loved ones, - not to mention anyone else they might come in contact with. The historical lessons of the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic and what happened when social isolation was relaxed too early are something that can't be ignored.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    I really don't understand the protestors who are baying for freedom.
    The only way that I can understand the "Freedom" protesters is that they have a sense of entitlement that is greater than their sense of responsibility. They see their "right" to enjoy their lives as they want as being more important than the lives of others.

A cartoon in a local paper here put it very nicely. A lone health worker in scrubs, mask and gloves stands in the path of a car full of "freedom" protestors, some carrying rifles. The health worker asks "But what about the 49,000 lives that have been lost and all those who will be put at risk?". One of the protesters responds with "We kill that many each year with guns so what is your point?"
    Last edited by pware; April 25th, 2020 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    I really don't understand the protestors who are baying for freedom. The ultimate cost could be their death or the death of their loved ones, - not to mention anyone else they might come in contact with. The historical lessons of the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic and what happened when social isolation was relaxed too early are something that can't be ignored.
    People don't read or care about history. My grandfather went deaf from the Spanish Flu and developed the Parkinson type illness later. Let's say he was one of the lucky ones. This current "bug" is no picnic and as Forester1 says, I too would not want that kind of thing on my conscience. My dad is 85 and lives with my brother and me, and is still healthy for his age. With that said, we do what we can to take the precautions to ensure he remains that way.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

Hello all,

I had imagined that there would be more chance for many to do more Trainzing. I suppose that can be good or bad depending on actual circumstances. Enjoyed hearing how others are doing.

I'm not online much, poor Internet at my place out in the boonies, just barely get Internet on my phone if I stand in the right place on the property. Visiting my younger sister today. She has good Internet and has been able to do nearly all of her work online. (My visit also permits TANE to talk to the N3V computers and continue working another 30 days.)
    I've been using masks and gloves, but I'm trying to learn that I need to clean the items from town. I would fair poorly, if I caught the CV-19 virus, hence the cautious behavior. We're both very careful about exposure. With everything going on, I've been spending much more time at home, going to town every two weeks for supplies. So far my relatives are doing well, including mom, who lives with an older sister.

I hope that everyone can hang in there with these challenging times.
    Dave Z