Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Content creation during a pandemic.

Blog Entries

I've been mixing Trainz stuff with jobs around the house such as repainting the front windows (tedious) while the weather is good. It will be frosty by the end of April so I need to get this done. Today, its raining so its a total Trainz day.

I'm working on two assets: one is a station I promised to someone, and a script for mixed gauge track. This is written for the newer Trainz APIs so I'm learning a whole lot about asynch searches, game objects, game object ids, and security tokens. I do have a working test asset for a shared track but not with junctions in it. I'm unsure if that particular version is worth releasing to the DLS.

Paul

Hello everybody,

I live in Brescia, Lombardy, Italy. One of the centers of the epidemic, although now it seems stabilized.
    Here the situation is always very serious.

This is a very fast killer virus, in my city (200,000 inhabitants) there are 80 deaths a day.

The problem is asymptomatic people. Dangerous because they ignore their condition and spread the infection.
    My family and I are fine, but after 30 days, the government has imposed at least another 20 days of isolation in the house.
    Fortunately there is no shortage of food and supermarkets are normal.
    Speculation instead on protective masks.

Trainz helps me a little to endure the isolation.
    I am attaching screenshots of Donner route in the Truckee area being updated.

I recommend, use all possible precautions.

you are fine.

Sebino Lake TRS19route builder
    DONNER PASS TRS19 wip
    West from Denver TRS19 wip

Oh good, I was worried about you, Jango and all my TrainzItalia friends. Take care and be safe. (Donner looks great!)
    The United State's Health Care System ranks 37th in the world just behind Costa Rica.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Hey Jango I'm glad to hear you and your family are okay. We have stay at home orders too where I live and so far my family and me are safe.

The Donner Pass route looks really awesome.

Take care.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

United States of America, New York, Allegany

Greetings Jango !
    So glad that you and your family are safe. I pray for Italy and will continue to do so. You're route looks fantastic. My family used to rent a cabin in Donner Lake when I was a young boy during the winter. To this day, I've never seen so much snow piled up ! You've captured the atmosphere from there very well.
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Quote Originally Posted by JimDep View Post
    Greetings Jango !
    So glad that you and your family are safe. I pray for Italy and will continue to do so. You're route looks fantastic. My family used to rent a cabin in Donner Lake when I was a young boy during the winter. To this day, I've never seen so much snow piled up ! You've captured the atmosphere from there very well.

Thanks for your participation, guys!
    Sebino Lake TRS19route builder
    DONNER PASS TRS19 wip
    West from Denver TRS19 wip

Parksville, Vancouver Island, Paradise Canada

Hi Jango:

Great news to hear that you and your family are doing well!! We have been staying home for 2 weeks now. Yesterday our daughter dropped off a load of groceries for us. We are so lucky to have her living near by now.

It has become obvious that it will likely not be until June 2021 or later before there is a vaccine for Covid-19 (though I certainly hope that it comes sooner). So staying at home and physical distancing has become the norm for the next 12-18 months. I sure wish that the leaders of some countries stop telling their fellow countryman that this will only last a few weeks or so. Not true!!

Stay safe everone

Derek
    Windows 8.1 T:ANE T19
    I used to have Windows 10 but it bombed on an update and when I recovered it to went back to Windows 8 to Microsoft.

Since im in Quarantine right now. I had way too many ideas on which routes to work on. Im already working on a Fictional German Route.

But i have also another Project. I am Planning or starting now working on an "HSL1" Route (Which connects Lille Europe to Brussels Midi if im not wrong) And once im finished I am working on the 1st phase of the LGV Nord "Gare Du Nord" Starting From Lille. And then For the 2nd Phase Will be the HS1 Going to London.

Right now Ive Gattered so little information on the HSL1. So if somebody Lives or visited France Or Belgium. Please give me The names or maps of the Stations that go After Lille and through the HSL1. And if someone knows a link to a video on the HSL1. Id be most Appreciated.

This is what ive gatthered

[IMG][/IMG]

I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

Quick Question: Other than Lafranceentrains. I have the DLS TGVs, but are there other high-detailed TGVs?
    If it aint fun dont do it.

Blog Entries

Quarantine days 18, found a way to play a battleship in trainz

Impressive!

Wow! How in the world?
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Jango, Great to hear you are doing well! Hope all at TrainzItalia are weathering the storm, as it were...
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

United States of America, New York, Allegany

"Man, I'll be glad when this social distancing stuff is overwith so we can get some work done around here ! "
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Quote Originally Posted by jango View Post
    Hello everybody,

I live in Brescia, Lombardy, Italy. One of the centers of the epidemic, although now it seems stabilized.
    Here the situation is always very serious.
    I think I can safely say that the Trainz community greatly value you Jango, I hope you and your family are ok during this terrible time, all we can collectively do is isolate ourselves as much as possible and clean everything scrupulously . Best wishes from South Australia.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Blog Entries

My niece has just introduced us to Google Hangouts and our close relatives have joined in to make a Family Conversation group - much cheaper than sending SMS and MMS texts. We (my partner and I) have avoided apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc because of their "security" and privacy issues. Google is probably not any better - does the "Do no evil" mantra really mean anything?
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766