AI can be affected by camera view selected

JonMyrlennBailey

I have a yard with a fuel point inside for a MOW (maintenance) truck to back up to under AI control. It does this correctly as long as I am not "sitting inside the cab".

The truck will pull into the yard off the street into a junction block forward. To back to the fuel pump it will have to flip the Russian lever and back to the track mark. The truck is driving on invisible trackage.

It executes the command to do this correctly when I am outside the truck. However in in-cab view, the truck will pull in off the street up to the "pull-up" track mark then wait for 5 seconds then continue to drive forward in a direction OPPOSITE the fuel point where the next track mark is located.

When in-cab camera is selected AI gets confused as to where the next track mark is located or it simply cannot correctly execute a back-up maneuver while in-cab is selected.

How odd? Have any persons here experienced something similar?

The Amtrak MOW truck is my pet driveable vehicle for this game. In cab, with the camera facing rearward, it gives a complete unobstructed view of the route which to observe the route world on visible RR tracks or on YARN roads with invisible trackage embedded in them. It's like riding on the rear deck of an observation car and looking rearward as the train goes forward.

I just have to remember from now on to step out of the cab as the truck enters the yard for refueling so as not to upset its command sequence.

I've had the opposite where the driver will mess up constantly in some way like running signals, driving the wrong way, missing stations. I'll investigate and go back to driving only to find something else messed up. Thinking there's a schedule problem, such as an incorrect track mark in the sequence, I'll go for a ride with this driver. During the long ride around, the driver acts fine as if to ensure he doesn't get fired.

Welcome to ...

TRAINZWORLD.jpg

Last edited:
This does not happen when you drive in "American Truck Simulator" ?
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...65#post1769765

I don't think so. There is no Surveyor even in ATS and there is no AI mode for the trucks except for "auto park" (backing to a dock). There is AI-driven traffic as the Carz in Trainz but the human end user has no control over its scheduling and such. Downloadable mods may affect game traffic though as well as adjusting traffic volume in the scripting (the console, command prompt, window) with a lower or higher number.

I gotta have both my trains and trucks together in the mix: it's like Reese's invention of fusing chocolate and peanut butter in a neat little cup.

Last edited:
What follows could be a related bug to this thread observation:

You have a passenger consist with two or three nice passenger cars. The consist is AI controlled like most of my passenger runs. It runs fine within the AI/T:ANE limitations. One good day, I decide to ride inside of one of the cars and get the camera view showing the scenery passing by the window. More or less real as when we travel by train. But the camera is facing towards the rear, so you pan the camera to face forward so you catch a glimpse of the loco in curves. And disaster strikes! at some point, after stopping on a signal or any other event, the train reverses direction and you notice that the whole consist has been reversed insisting in going the wrong way. Once you get outside and reverse direction, AI continues as if nothing happened. Interesting is that it happens only when you ride a passenger car, but not inside of the loco. The condition is not new, and I have had to live with it for several iterations of the game. Because is not a major problem, I never said anything. Glad to see I am not the only one...

I think Jon's right. My AI trains work flawlessly until I jump in one of the cabs..... then, after 2 hours of operation the train I'm in stops and refuses to budge, even with green signals all the way to the yard. Stopping the schedule and backing up a few yards, then resuming the schedule has no effect. Train won't go.

Back