Can't See Menu Selection

boleyd

In the photo below the selected menu item is barely visible In the real-time display I can't see it. While the JPEG process makes it more visible I can't see any TRS19 adjustment to help in the program display. Note, that the overall display is satisfactory with the exception of the black-on-black menu. While I could probably mis-adjust the display settings at the system then everything else would look weird.

TRS19-display.jpg

Last edited:
What is the set resolution of your screen display?
What are your resolution settings in Trainz Settings?

I agree with the OP. Where this problem of lack of contrast arises for me is when using the bulk asset update/replace function, where you need to pull the selected asset name over to the bulk asset update/replace window and now you are forced to look more closely to see what is highlighted. Seems to me a simple fix to make the selected asset name have greater contrast with the non-selected names.

Maybe you found a problem. I set font to Large in Settings/General and their size never changed in the several areas I checked including the menu. Maybe I need one of those fancy 4k monitors.:eek:

HALT - I found the big font. Is is in the Content Manager!!
Thinking of the technical issue,s expanding the font in the "simulator" would be a major pain.

In seeing your post it struck me that I have real problems seeing CM list. Set the font to large but it was still hardly readable. Your post prompted me to investigate. Contrast on my monitor had somehow changed to 100%. I adjusted and now it's much better. By way of explanation.. My windows machine is used mostly for gaming right now so I see primarily graphics. Poor excuse, I know. Anyway... thanks for the post and shove to check my settings. I wish they would just put knobs back on monitors instead of software controls. :) (did I give away my age?)

When Microsoft recently adopted the Dark Motif software providers began to migrate to that as well. N3V just did a poor job of setting the numbers that would offer a better contrast relationship - selected to non-select. It should be a simple change but they will resist due to ego or because someone calculated the cost would be $1,000AUD allowing for three attempts (time = $) to get it right.

Fortunately, not wanting to mess with ancient code, N3V has not modernized the forum.

Note: Microsoft offers an option to go to the "old" style format on some packages.

I should also note that I frequently watch streaming TV (news programming) on another window. The system is adjusted to provide the best TV picture (color/contrast).

Last edited:
That was my Presidential/Monica reply!

When you make a mistake there is always a bush to hide behind, except in an intellectual desert.
I have that one registered in Lagos.

I was able to spend time fiddling with the nVidia video manager. Without compromising my TV display
I improved the visibility of the "selected" bar. Not great but not invisible. I may have a look at the shaders.

I had an N3V event and most of my assets turned to orange blocks - missing dependencies.
After a panic, and trying to start fixing things, I remembered the simple fix was
a professional level Rebuild (CTRL key). Two of those and most stuff cleared up.
Some stubborn orange boxes would not even delete. Had to turn off the Orange box "feature".
Maybe they will evaporate in TR-20.

Back