Carslile Citadel Station problems on TRS 2019

Leo1704

Dear all,
I can't seem to order trains to stop at Platform 2 of the Carlisle Citadel Station on the Skipton Carlisle route which is already installed. I have tried using invisible signals at the end of platform 2 (a terminal station) etc, but the trains always stop just outside the station at the signal or junction before the station. I have tried using track marks at the platform etc but still the same occurs. There is no problem with the other platforms.
Is anyone else having this problem? If so, any suggestions to fix the problem? Am I missing something obvious?
Many thanks
Leo

Hi Leo

I've just discovered that platform 2 is the single track bay on the left platform looking North. Like yourself I couldn't get past signal 5C62 so I investigated further. Hovering the mouse pointer over the signal showed that the path ahead was unsignalled. I then set up an interlocking tower to see if I could create a path into the bay. There was no problem with it but when I ran the path the train stopped at signal 5C62 again.

I then placed an invisible signal in front of the buffers and tried again but it was no better. After playing about with it for a few minutes I found that the track isn't connected at the first track joint when approaching the buffers. If you place the invisible signal before that joint then you can get it to work properly but it does reduce the available platform length.

If the session is for your own use then clone the route and repair the track and it will then work fine.

Regards

Brian

Last edited:
Thanks Brian, you went through all the steps that I did, but you made the next discovery. Correct, it was the track not being connected and once I fixed it on my cloned route, it worked perfectly. I was getting it to work with the reduced platform length. It was OK, but I knew something was wrong and it was bugging me (pun not intended). Many thanks for helping me to fix it. I really thought no one would answer this query, so many thanks again.
Leo.

Back