Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus Beta 2 - 99813/99811

I do not have sound either, Mac build 99811.

No sound here either PC 99813. Also crashed to desktop twice when zooming in and out using mouse-wheel in driver.

I don't have time to debug right now how do I get back to the normal TRS19 build? I changed the stream back, but no re-installation happened.

Peter.

No sound here either PC 99813.
    >> This is the only report we've had of no sound in the PC version, so more likely to be your settings/system.

Also crashed to desktop twice when zooming in and out using mouse-wheel in driver.
    >> First report of this as well.
    Is this repeatable, and if so, does the same action crash on a different map?
    Which mode where you in when doing this?

I don't have time to debug right now how do I get back to the normal TRS19 build? I changed the stream back, but no re-installation happened.
    >> There is no patch backwards. Hopefully you backed up your build, or simply made a copy as recommended in our update steps?
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

WARNING Mac users!
    I just upgraded to macOS Mojave 10.14.4 and now Starting Trainz (build 99811) from the Launcher window results in a grey screen.

Bug report submitted.

Cab brakes don't apply. I can lap them, and loco brakes apply fine.

But using key press for Cab train brakes does nothing. Even with the key remapped. Releases & Laps fine, but will not apply with any key press.

EDIT: Hmm, more randomness. When doing some yard switching, once coupled to cars, brakes applied but directly to full. When uncouple, still apply, but only to full. If switch to another train, no brakes. Couple to a train, brakes again, but still straight to full. No gradual increase.

EDIT2: wow.. so random. I paused to go bathroom, unpause, and brakes work again just fine... Something really fishy..
    Last edited by Kilrbe3; March 26th, 2019 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    No sound here either PC 99813.
    >> This is the only report we've had of no sound in the PC version, so more likely to be your settings/system.

May be not.
    I have now switched to my PC (since the latest TRS19 Plus Beta is unusable in macOS 10.14.4).
    I'm running build 99813 and I also have no sound. My sound device tests OK in Windows 10.
    Looking at the logs I see that they're swamped with messages like

World.NativePlaySound> Cannot find asset '<kuid2:578474:100044:1> "ES44AC Tier 4 Locomotive CP" in scene

and similar for other sound producing assets. The above kuid and others similarly referred to in the logs are built-in asset in TRS19, so something is not right here.

Edit: sound has returned (after watching a cab ride on Youtube), but the above log messages keep coming at the rate of one each second. Curious.
    Last edited by hkoster1; March 27th, 2019 at 11:29 AM.

Hotkeys for realistic mode controls are being worked on currently.

Mac Users - the Mojave Mac OS 10.14.4 Beta has now been made public. Sadly Apple have not fixed the issue that causes TRS19 to render a "blank" screen in the game world.

Chris is taking a look at a suitable fix which will be released asap (we will let you know more about that as we know more about the solution).

This issue affects all Mac versions of TRS19, but not TANE.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Build 99911 for Mac installed... still grey screen in macOS 10.14.4 but now with sound. That's progress.

Now for something completely different, build 99813 on my PC with the same Radeon Pro Vega 56 eGPU that I'm sharing with my Mac.
    (Sadly, TRS19 on my Mac is not playable presently, see above.)

My own sessions in 99813 invariably crash after a while, so I thought to try some (original) Kickstarter sessions:

1. Trees for Life starts OK but at the first X-over junction the screen freezes and becomes corrupt. Repeatability 100%.

2. Fossil Fuels starts OK but the screen freezes and becomes corrupt when entering the yard with the waiting coal consist. Repeatability 100%.

I haven't seen others with similar experience, so I'm suspecting a Radeon Pro Vega 56 issue. Windows 10 says that the firmware for this card is
    up-to-date.

I would like to hear from other PC-users with the Vega 56 card.

UPDATE:
    Installed an NVidia GTX1070 in that eGPU, and now everything works OK. Build 99912 makes no difference.
    My conclusion so far: TRS19 on the PC does not like Radeon Pro Vega 56. Mind you, on the Mac it's just the reverse.
    Last edited by hkoster1; March 29th, 2019 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Updated info.

TRS19 Build 99912 (PC)

* Portals do not consume
    * ctrl+ (strictly ctrl=, i.e. no shift) no longer selects next driver (though ctrl- selects previous driver OK)

Peter.
    Last edited by peterwise; March 30th, 2019 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterwise View Post
    TRS19 Build 99912 (PC)

* Portals do not consume
    You may be right taken literally, since an UnPortal by its very name isn't a portal.
    Yet, the UnPortal-2 assets that I use in my sessions (in build 99912) consume trains just fine.

On my route i have sections of track I can't delete or I can't add any trackside objects too ( ex.trackmark signals) anyone else having this issue and does anyone know how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by hkoster1 View Post
    You may be right taken literally, since an UnPortal by its very name isn't a portal.
    Yet, the UnPortal-2 assets that I use in my sessions (in build 99912) consume trains just fine.
    I said "Portals do not consume" and I meant Portals not Unportals. I am using the good old bog-standard Portal Basic <kuid2:30501:22006:3> and that consumes (and emits) just fine in TRS19 build 98592 (which I have gone back to for route development since I can't get any work done with these and other problems in the beta.

Peter.
    Last edited by peterwise; March 31st, 2019 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
    Rotating the 3D world using the mouse in Surveyor now works.
    Just a question: how do you stop the world from rotating on its own? It spins until I get sick to my stomach!!!!

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by deighton View Post
    Just a question: how do you stop the world from rotating on its own? It spins until I get sick to my stomach!!!!
    Use your keyboard and right-mouse button. I move about using the right-mouse button and use the arrows on the keyboard as needed. I've done this for years and works well enough for me to prevent the vertigo from happening.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Any idea why this happens?