Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trainz Plus Beta 2 - 99813/99811

Hitting escape and cancelling the save dialogue that pops up also stops the insane spinning.
    Malc

United States of America, New York, Staten Island

The 3D World should not spin on its own. If you have any gaming controller, disconnect it from your computer.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by deighton View Post
    Any idea why this happens?
    I have no idea. It's happened with TS12 as well and T:ANE on occasion. The only thing I can think of is the mouse controls buffer gets flooded and the system locks up.

Running in a window and clicking on the desktop seems to help, and so does saving or pressing escape to bring up the exit from Surveyor menu. If I don't want to exit, I'll press cancel and go back in and continue fine.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Thanks for all the responses. Indeed a strange phenomenon. Just upgraded my GPU to GTX 1660 Ti and I must say, TRS19 is working quite well!

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Running in a window and clicking on the desktop seems to help, and so does saving or pressing escape to bring up the exit from Surveyor menu. If I don't want to exit, I'll press cancel and go back in and continue fine.
    If the mouse cursor runs off the window in the middle of some operations, the system does not see the mouse-up event, and assumes the button is still pressed with the cursor way off at the side. One fix is to make sure the mouse cursor is back in the window, and repeat the action, but Esc usually works OK.

Downloaded and installed fine but every time I go into Surveyor I get the Drivers Menu instead of the Surveyor menu at the to of the screen

CFI A1120 Pharaoh Evo
    Intel Core I7 8700k
    Win10 64bit
    ASRock Fatility Z370 Gaming K6
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti 32gb 3200

That is correct behaviour - it is the new "Surveyor Menu Bar". It provides access to the various tools that used to be listed in the System Menu, along with new options such as the new cameras.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

United States of America, Florida, WinterHaven

i am still having problems with performance. spline point inserting doesn't work right, i have to click over and over and eventually a spline point will work,laying track works, but deleting is a problem. i am on build 99912.
    Windows 10 Pro 1903,Intel 8700k at 5.1ghz,gtx 1080 ti,
    32 gb ddr4 corsair 3200mhz, 480gb m.2 x2 with RD. Trainz build 100240

I am having the same problems as described by nugget2225. I guess I have to send the feedback people another message!

Quote Originally Posted by nugget2225 View Post
    i am still having problems with performance. spline point inserting doesn't work right, i have to click over and over and eventually a spline point will work,laying track works, but deleting is a problem. i am on build 99912.
    Quote Originally Posted by deighton View Post
    I am having the same problems as described by nugget2225. I guess I have to send the feedback people another message!
    I had that issue as well and thought my track was corrupt (again) so I opened it for edit and reverted it. That fixed the problem temporarily, but then yesterday I couldn't place a signal on a small section of track while other parts around it are fine.
    John

One known issue with laying track currently is that if you lay across a baseboard, one end of the track becomes "dead". Inserting a spline on the good end of the track and moving it across to the dead end solves the problem.
    Tony Hilliam

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    One known issue with laying track currently is that if you lay across a baseboard, one end of the track becomes "dead". Inserting a spline on the good end of the track and moving it across to the dead end solves the problem.
    Will this be resolved?

Yes it will be resolved in a future update - it's close to the top of the list.
    Tony Hilliam

United States of America, Florida, WinterHaven

i am not sure when i am crossing a baseboard, i have over 200 of them, so it's hard for me to know if i am laying track across them. i have never seen such an issue.i have stopped laying track and started molding my mountains. how do i find out exactly the exact number of boards? i hope this is fixed soon, it's driving me crazy.i was expecting another build by now. I thought the final build was next week.
    Windows 10 Pro 1903,Intel 8700k at 5.1ghz,gtx 1080 ti,
    32 gb ddr4 corsair 3200mhz, 480gb m.2 x2 with RD. Trainz build 100240

Quote Originally Posted by nugget2225 View Post
    i am not sure when i am crossing a baseboard, i have over 200 of them, so it's hard for me to know if i am laying track across them. i have never seen such an issue.i have stopped laying track and started molding my mountains. how do i find out exactly the exact number of boards? i hope this is fixed soon, it's driving me crazy.i was expecting another build by now. I thought the final build was next week.
    Use the grid view to see where you cross the baseboards. I had to do that last night myself on my simple test route.

I agree it's annoying right now, but that's part of testing. At this point in the game, no pun intended, I wouldn't want a released version. Keep testing and keep reporting is the name of the game right now. The more things we report and they fix, the better we will be going forward.

I found something else I need to confirm before I report it to ensure the asset that's causing the issue and not the program. Yet another thing to add to the pile of fixes that need to be addressed before this version is released.

This is the reason why I don't overwrite my working copy and clone everything for testing. If the test version breaks, it's annoying, but at least nothing important is trashed and we know that these issues should be fixed. When the full-released version trashes things, that's when it goes beyond annoying. This is what happened when T:ANE was first released.
    Last edited by JCitron; April 4th, 2019 at 08:43 AM.
    John