Passenger stations TRS19 don't work in AI

edo

Layout manager
I all, I tranferred a route and session from TANE pc to TRS19 pc and in AI mode passenger stations don't work. Trains stop at the stations, open the doors but no passengers load unload. In the TANE version all is functioning. If I delete the station in survejor an replace again the same station with the same setting and start drive mode... it works!!!
Depend from what?
I don't want to replace all the stations!

Last edited:
In TRS19 you may have to update the config file to point it to the kuid of the current built in "Passengers" asset. Sometimes T:ANE and TRS19 have problems with picking up updated assets if the kuid has changed rather than versioned.
cheers
Graeme

I found that if you add a 'Wait For N Seconds' command after the Navigate To and the Load or Unload command. Had same problem, this fixed it for me.

In TRS2019 I had a strange problem where AI trains wouldn't find a station or industry. I accidently found that if I moved the industry sideways, creating really sharp curves for the tracks. Then I hit Undo, which returned the industry to its original position, but often left the tracks disconnected at the position I moved the industry to. I then re-joined the tracks to the industry m(station) and all worked OK. Strange.

Russell

Not so strange because of the movement. In that way the industry is recalled to the last config.
Do you know the corret kuid of actual builtin passengers asset in TRS19? There are several passengers assets but I don't kow which is the official for TRS19.

Last edited:
The builtin (base) <kuid:-25:1235> Prod Passengers 2012 obsoletes all previously builtin versions, except <kuid:-3:11062> Passengers.
The obsoleted versions are
<kuid:-3:10060>
<kuid:-3:11060>
<kuid:-3:11061>
<kuid:-3:12060>
<kuid:-3:110060>
<kuid:-25:1188> Prod Passengers 2012

Peter

So if I delete the -3:11062 from all routes and sessions it could be just the passengers version -25:1235 a part from old west passengers by Elvenor and japanese passengers.
Correct?

Noticed the same thing in one direction but not the other and the wait for 10 seconds seems to solve the problem.

I just discovered why this may be happening. If you come careening into the station at full throttle and slam on the brakes, the train will not stop where it needs to. I placed 5 MPH speed signs at the entrance of the station and that seems to solve the problem without the wait command.

Still testing - will update if anything changes.

That's working, but 5 MPH might be a tad bit slow. I know 15 MPH is too fast based on previous failures. So somewhere greater than 5, but less than 15 is the answer.

Final update: 8 MPH appears to be optimal.

Last edited:
The efficacy of these various strategies is dependent upon which station and/or which "industry track" is being used. There is very little consistency between the stations and the supporting track sections. Stations with their own track also exhibit odd behaviors. The CNR station (attached track) I am working with has the train proceeding beyond the station when directed to stop at the station. Backing into the station results in the station stopping before the station. Unload/load still exchanges passengers but in an odd setting.

The efficacy of these various strategies is dependent upon which station and/or which "industry track" is being used. There is very little consistency between the stations and the supporting track sections. Stations with their own track also exhibit odd behaviors. The CNR station (attached track) I am working with has the train proceeding beyond the station when directed to stop at the station. Backing into the station results in the station stopping before the station. Unload/load still exchanges passengers but in an odd setting.

I'm not so sure in this case if it is the station script that's causing the problem. Check that there are not other issues related to the station. You need to look at the log while the route is initialized and look for errors associated with that asset. I fixed a few errors that way in T:ANE including some related to the CN Stratford station. Sadly I can't remember what the errors were, but they weren't difficult to repair. There, however, some things you might want to consider that I found related to stations and placement of signals, signal-types, and level crossings.

With all the crazy issues I had with AI as I built my with my Gloucester Terminal Electric route with a dozen station stops located through out the line, I thought it was best to replace all the stations with those from the same creator so I spent about a couple hours setting up the same station along the line to ensure the AI visited the same interactive station platforms, and then replaced the related AI drive-to/navigate to command in the schedules. The end result was the AI still did the same thing at some locations but others! What! ????

I then did a ride-about with the various drivers to see what was happening. This took place over the course of a few days due to the large number of drivers. Once completed the results were interesting because it wasn't what I thought initially.

- The first driver into a station had no problems, but other following right behind did.
- The placement of the stations relating to nearby signals caused issues.

Those stations with a preceding signal and a following signal, a type 04 Absolute, type 06 Diverge, type 08 Interlocking, had no problems, but those that had a type 05 Permissive signal had issues. Those stations with signals that were right up next to the platforms had issues even if they were the correct type.

- The placement of level road crossings in close proximity of the stations.

If the crossing was too close to the platforms, the AI drivers would get confused and zip through the station sometimes, but not always causing an intermittent failure.

I fixed a majority of the skipping and odd stopping by placing an absolute signal before and after the stations. What this did was force any following trams (trolleys) to wait their turn before entering the station. The signal on the exit ensured that the second train would have a clear or caution ahead so that train could leave the station. The problem with the permissive signals is they gave the following AI permission to pass along behind the first driver, and this caused them to accelerate through the station rather than get caught by the station script.

I did find I had to place the signals about 20 meters before and after the stations, otherwise, they could affect the AI actions as well. There seems to be a trigger radius from the stations which gets affected by other MO-crossings and signals in close proximity so the level road crossings too confused things as well, and by placing them 20 - 30 meters away from the stations helped that too.

I've always been a fan of the AJS invisible stations and have used them wherever I can. However since the recent (beta) updates to 2019 I have seen intermittant and unexplainable failures in these stations. I have been unable to find any consistent fault to report. Sometime the unloading fails, sometime the train fails to stop, sometime it stops the immediately moves off again. As I said no consistency.... I eventually abbandoned the use of these station in favour of others that do work consistently. This incedent may provide someone with a clue as to the OP's problem.
Keith

Back