Renumbering Traincars

davoss

I would like to renumber my cars without creating replicate cars with a different number. I have looked at using the random number generator but find the number changes each time I restart Trainz. I would like the car number to never change, once set. I have been looking at using the approach to enter text for platform signs , <kuid2:61119:2807:1>. Once I place the traincar on the track, I would like to click on "?" and enter the car number in the "name" field. Unfortunately, the number is horizontal and sticks out of the side of the car. I have left the name field as "EMC Flatcar 31ft 2" so you can see it.

Is there any way to use this feature by reorienting the "name" field to land on the side of the car, where the number "2" is now located? I have an attachment point on the side of the car using PEVSoft. I also will remove the number "2" when the car is renumbered.

Didrik
Everett & Monte Cristo Ry

Unfortunately, the number is horizontal and sticks out of the side of the car. I have left the name field as "EMC Flatcar 31ft 2" so you can see it.
If the sign is sticking out sideways then you have not set the mesh orientation correctly in attachment maker.

Thank you. It is amazing how I was focusing in on attachment maker and never saw the orientation feature.
Didirik

Back