session dependency

Ghost42

What do I need to put in the route config.txt to make a session a dependency so that they download together?
I have done it before but my memory needs an upgrade :)

You have that around the wrong way.

A route is a dependency of a session so the route kuid will appear (twice actually) in the config.txt file of a session. The session kuid never appears in the config.txt file of a route. That way when you download the session using CM it will also grab the route. It has always been possible to download a route without any of its sessions.

This is for uploading to the DLS and will need the session also when the route is downloaded.
Generally people d/l a route and not a session.
Agreed a session will bring the route with it as a dependency but I need it the other way round.

Would that persist even if updates are made to the session?
It persists for any other asset. No reason the same shouldn't apply to a route. When the session gets edited the route won't be touched.

edit/ Oops - I see your point. The instruction for OP is to add the session as a dependency for the route (the route is already a dependency of the session). The question then becomes whether the addition will persist through an edit in the route. It does for any other asset - no reason it shouldn't for a route, It might be worthwhile to use a label instead of a number for the key, just in case. /edit

Last edited:
That already happens, what you mean is add the session kuid to the route.

That is what I did.
If you d/l the route the session with all the driver instructions/rules come with it.
It is just a simple demo that can be applied to any industrial route.

I just ran a test on this in TANE and it does have a problem.

You can add the session kuid to the kuid list in the route config.txt but as soon as you update the route (i.e. move a tree) and save, the session kuid is removed from the list.

I just ran a test on this in TANE and it does have a problem.

You can add the session kuid to the kuid list in the route config.txt but as soon as you update the route (i.e. move a tree) and save, the session kuid is removed from the list.

Have to go to bed now, but the session still has the route associated with it, as normal.
Have uploaded it so will have to see how it turns out.

This is what I got - filter set to "Today"

Supply-PS.png

Good the session came with it, could do with renaming to make it obvious that it belongs to the route.

Back