Is it possible to recreate what's in this video in Trainz?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Watch Southern 630's wheels as they transfer onto the turntable. Notice how they drop a little when they get onto the turntable. Is it possible to recreate this in Trainz?

I suppose it could be done using scripting, but why would you want to? Unless you're focused within a few feet of the turntable lip, you wouldn't see it. Meaning absolutely no offense, personally, I'd classify this a 'rivet counting'.

Bill

Is it possible to recreate this in Trainz?
You couldn't do it on the turntable, but there is no reason that you couldn't have a sudden change in track level immediately before the turntable. Make it close enough and sharp enough and the difference wouldn't be noticeable.
y4mCwI081_djMHSZBGYnVyH5Sj_M9t2QJ1pzGt4UQ4rpd5gtQsTShyXh9PSvK4KY9oMk934voTT-vhkHFLJ4LUxxHlsgoRp7-fBkOSAKqrDyakeAS--cFPHTlscQmnIfGyCWgmaromNkgds__1qR_ZmG1kyEdz4fXJlBPw46Vqj9lXiCQbvHnh3eCY_k7nZ-NLznGI4qSmgR7TDiXydz2c_0Q

I suppose it could be done using scripting, but why would you want to? Unless you're focused within a few feet of the turntable lip, you wouldn't see it. Meaning absolutely no offense, personally, I'd classify this a 'rivet counting'.

Bill

It was a thought that crossed my mind while walking the dog. I was thinking that there was some way you could use the 'Invisible Track Bump' asset to recreate it, probably putting it right at the edge of the turntable.

The drop when going on to the turntable is not desirable, it increases after years of use and is the reason that locos need to be balanced on the table before they can be turned. When unbalanced the locking mechanism can be impossible to release on one end or both ends.

Bill69

Back