Still CTD when creating route

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
It has become almost impossible to create a route in TRS2019 (Build 96000) because of the crashing to the desktop. This is the same route we talked about earlier, Tony (the one I sent you the files). I can be laying track, moving trees, moving from one location to another (slowly) and WHAM, a CTD. I have very few objects in the map at this stage, just some track and trees and a few roads. Seems there is no reason why this CTD should be happening. I can work on another (very detailed) route and will have no CTD at all. Frustrating.....

I thought it was just me. I'll have CTD with a simple 1 baseboard route just to explore the new track, textures and turffx and clutter. My route stutters for a bit then right to the desktop. The routes I made in T:ANE and ported over haven't crashed at all (yet, anyway). I have a high end PC that should be able to handle it easily. I have the same 96000.
Best,
smyers

I've gotten some on exit after editing and driving. I did an EDR the other day, and knock on wood, this hasn't occurred since.

The cause can be anything from corrupted data to a bad asset somewhere, or a combination of that and something wrong with the program.

It has become almost impossible to create a route in TRS2019 (Build 96000) because of the crashing to the desktop. This is the same route we talked about earlier, Tony (the one I sent you the files). I can be laying track, moving trees, moving from one location to another (slowly) and WHAM, a CTD. I have very few objects in the map at this stage, just some track and trees and a few roads. Seems there is no reason why this CTD should be happening. I can work on another (very detailed) route and will have no CTD at all. Frustrating.....

Can you upload the latest version of the route to the same location as last time and we'll take another look.

smeyers - could you also submit your route and details of the steps that lead to a crash via a bug report here: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Yes thanks. Also include any dependencies that are not on the DLS or builtin.
The easy way to do this is View Deps then filter on "On DLS" = False and "Builtin" = False

I have same problem with my own developped route in both Surveyor and Driver mode. A CTD just
happens from time to time in buildnos 96000 or 97512.

Using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.

Previously, I suspected heat problems, so I have a utility program measuring the CPU and GPU
temperatures. Max GPU temperature is appr. 70-72 degrees in Surveyor mode.
When the crash occurs my utility program also "dies", so I have no possibilty to read max
GPU or CPU temperature when CTD-ing.

Interestingly, when I try to reload my utility program after CTD, I get a message "Can not access GPU"
And, I have 2 utility programs from 2 different vendors saying same.

TRS2019 can I reload getting the message "Do you want to save un-saved data"?

To have the utility programs running again you have to re-start the PC.

This could be related to:
(i) graphics drivers
(ii) a 3rd party app such as Afterburner

Please try updating your drivers, and turning off the 3rd party apps.

Just my two pennyworth,

It could be worth checking the power supply voltages.
My old PC started CTD - usually with Trainz - turned out to be a couple of blips in the 5v supply.
Trainz uses both the CPU and GPU hard, and any weakness shows up.

Many PCs are designed to run at full performance (processing and/or video) for comparatively short periods. For Word processing, Spreadsheets etc this is fine, but the latest games the system is driven hard for hours. On my system, I can hear the GPU fans spool up from whisper quiet at 30C to hurricane force at 80C.

This could be related to:
(i) graphics drivers
(ii) a 3rd party app such as Afterburner

Please try updating your drivers, and turning off the 3rd party apps.

My graphic drivers are upToDate (version 416.34, October 11 2018)

I checked in my "NVIDIA Geforce Experience window" if I had any 3rd party apps installed and one app was found:
Minecraft (Never been used by me)

I have TANE and TRS2019 installed on my PC.

Just my two pennyworth,

It could be worth checking the power supply voltages.
My old PC started CTD - usually with Trainz - turned out to be a couple of blips in the 5v supply.
Trainz uses both the CPU and GPU hard, and any weakness shows up.

Many PCs are designed to run at full performance (processing and/or video) for comparatively short periods. For Word processing, Spreadsheets etc this is fine, but the latest games the system is driven hard for hours. On my system, I can hear the GPU fans spool up from whisper quiet at 30C to hurricane force at 80C.

Very good point and I've seen this before as well quite a long time ago while using, ahem, TRS2006. I would drive one of my own routes only to crash about 30 minutes into the drive. Because I was driving a particular branch all the time I assumed it was something wrong in that area. I just about emptied the six baseboards in that section but still had the crashes. I then started driving another line and the same thing happened. I was about to give up on the route, and then my PC randomly rebooted its self while doing something else not Trainz-related!

I started checking system components and the system overall. After quite a few pokes here and there and the process of elimination, I found the culprit. It turned out my power supply was a bit flaky. I replaced the supply and everything was fine including that route I was having trouble with.

Very good point and I've seen this before as well quite a long time ago while using, ahem, TRS2006. I would drive one of my own routes only to crash about 30 minutes into the drive. Because I was driving a particular branch all the time I assumed it was something wrong in that area. I just about emptied the six baseboards in that section but still had the crashes. I then started driving another line and the same thing happened. I was about to give up on the route, and then my PC randomly rebooted its self while doing something else not Trainz-related!

I started checking system components and the system overall. After quite a few pokes here and there and the process of elimination, I found the culprit. It turned out my power supply was a bit flaky. I replaced the supply and everything was fine including that route I was having trouble with.

You never know with PSUs.
Just had a Corsair fail last Saturday, no previous problems noticed, it just refused to start Saturday morning. After spending a couple of hours checking everything out I tried an Antec PSU borrowed from a Linux Box and it fired up, unusual for Corsair to fail. However replaced it with a 750 Watt EVGA 750GQ Gold rated spec, then had to redo all the flipping modular cable management. All seems OK now, The Antec wasn't modular otherwise I'd have used that.

You never know with PSUs.
Just had a Corsair fail last Saturday, no previous problems noticed, it just refused to start Saturday morning. After spending a couple of hours checking everything out I tried an Antec PSU borrowed from a Linux Box and it fired up, unusual for Corsair to fail. However replaced it with a 750 Watt EVGA 750GQ Gold rated spec, then had to redo all the flipping modular cable management. All seems OK now, The Antec wasn't modular otherwise I'd have used that.

Yup. That is rare for a Corsair to fail. The good news it was a sudden death rather than one to drive you batty for months and spend money on other things you didn't need. The EVGA power supplies are nice. I got one of the bigger ones, I can't remember the model now, but it's well made.

Those modular supplies are nice, but the problem is you end up with a bunch of cables that you don't need when they die and you replace them. If only the old cables worked that would save a lot of effort, but I'm afraid of blowing something up finding out because one manufacturer decides to swap the +12 with the +5 on their modular end and there's no way of telling until it's too late.

Yup. That is rare for a Corsair to fail. The good news it was a sudden death rather than one to drive you batty for months and spend money on other things you didn't need. The EVGA power supplies are nice. I got one of the bigger ones, I can't remember the model now, but it's well made.

Those modular supplies are nice, but the problem is you end up with a bunch of cables that you don't need when they die and you replace them. If only the old cables worked that would save a lot of effort, but I'm afraid of blowing something up finding out because one manufacturer decides to swap the +12 with the +5 on their modular end and there's no way of telling until it's too late.

Yes the Corsair was modular, I decided replacing with the EVGA ones was much safer even though they look pretty much the same, more ports and cables in the EVGA though not that I needed the additional ones!

Back