Track Laying Question TS19

lrjanzen

I hate to bother anyone with something that is probably pretty stupid. I am pretty new at this modeling thing so slowly working out my issues.
I am working on a modification to the Ogden Route in TS19. I was reforesting the area for New England. As I was cleaning up the tree planting i noticed there was some track missing/invisible? [see screen shot]. This is just under the bridge on the way out to the lumber area next to the "Tehachape loop" The track passes under the loop's trestle. There was no bridge for the track heading to the lumber mill. there was a pair of white dashed lines. I figure since i was here I would add a bridge. I remoced the segment that passed under the trestle. I tried several including the one I wanted to use 'Bridge 1t Steel" [kuid -1:100397]. But I keep getting an error "Cannot attach to vertex track type may not be compatible or too long". I am trying to add something that looks like a temp bridge since I would assume the logging area would not stay in the same place forever. If someone cold just point me in the right direction thanks.

dzxlr5.jpg

You can lay the bridge down, but lay a separate track, sliding it right in place, floating it overtop, covering up the bridge track by an @ +0.02m spline point height ... I also do this tracklaying trick with problematic tunnels

Last edited:
thx!
Just saw where you are from. Just think Summer is just around the corner! Getting the flip flops and shorts ready?

Lonnie,

Put your bridge into place while holding the SHIFT-key at the same time. This will allow you to put the bridge near the track with out the complaint about the dissimilar spline types.

Once you get your bridge into place, get the height on the track spline point where the bridge attaches then apply that height to the bridge ends. This will ensure your bridge is at the correct height before attaching the track to it by dragging the track to the bridge spline point.

Summer's just around the corner, alright! :D

Back