Sebino Lake - What does double curved red arrows indicate?

1611mac

- - . -
Maintenance Service Session - Mac version TRS19
Apologies for the newbie question.... So instructions say I'm ready to go.. signals are automatic... if I need to throw a switch I'll be notified...

setup.jpg

HOWEVER... I have a red signal in front and back. All I get are these two read arrows when I hover mouse in front of consist (same at rear). What are these two red arrows indicating or asking me to do? When I get the mouse near the arrows they go away....

arrows.jpg

The red arrows indicate the possibility of water supply, only for steam locos.
They have no influence on the current session.

Try the manual switch.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.... the manual switch ahead is set correctly... I tried it anyway and nothing.... same with the rear. Red signals both ends... But I'll figure it out... It was the red arrows I wondered about. Thanks again. I guess the instructions saying "You are cleared to go" are not exactly correct.... :)

Oddly enough the Pisogne - Rovato Borgo Session starts the same way. Red light in front and behind. Switches are AI and I cannot control them. They are set correctly anyway. But I have a red signal front and back. Another train passed and cleared about one minute into the session but my signal never changes to green. I sat for 8 minutes. I then restarted the session and waited one minute after the other train cleared the block. Signal was still red. I Saved game. Quit. Restarted the saved session and signal immediately went from red to green......

Oddly enough the Pisogne - Rovato Borgo Session starts the same way. Red light in front and behind. Switches are AI and I cannot control them. They are set correctly anyway. But I have a red signal front and back. Another train passed and cleared about one minute into the session but my signal never changes to green. I sat for 8 minutes. I then restarted the session and waited one minute after the other train cleared the block. Signal was still red. I Saved game. Quit. Restarted the saved session and signal immediately went from red to green......

Receiving a green on a previous save with a red is not good. The saved session should have started you at the red signal. That's a bug and should be reported because it appears the program isn't saving the state of the signals, and probably a bunch of other scripted assets on that route and in other routes as well, when the sessions are saved.

But getting back to the red signals. Did you check the map, or follow the AI train that passed? The line is single track for quite a distance, and if that AI train is occupying the line, you'll sit at a red signal until the AI train passes the next signal. How long that takes is however long it may be.

I had the same problem. When I go into map mode and follow the track passed the green nav point to around the town Vello, the signal goes green.

Back