Niddertalbahn... Railroad Ties across tracks... (Newbie question)

1611mac

- - . -
So I'm new to Trainz (and TRS19) and I've only run thru Kickstarter County both driving and dispatching...

This morning I download Niddertalbahn, open a session, add a loco, then I start headin' down the track just to check out the scene... next think I know I've ran into a bunch of railroad ties laying across the tracks... Ha... I'm assuming hazards like this are put in as a "feature?" Are there doc's on what to do in such a case? Assemble a work train?

Until we see a picture or get a specific reference, a few possibilities come to mind.
  1. In many places, buffers consist of a few ties crossed across the rails instead of specially built objects.
  2. A junction has one or more splines out of vertical alignment. This causes some of the ties to appear on top of the rails.
  3. A few ties were misplaced or accidentally moved in Surveyor.

or, a sign that the track is under repair. See Signal 9658
Niddertalbahn ties on track.jpg

Last edited:
This appeared to be a dis-shoveled pile of ties and when ran into it the result was derailment.... It happened once, I restarted same session as before to trace my steps and it happened a second time. Strangely, I thought I knew roughly where it was but now I cannot find it. It was on a main line... not an abandoned siding or such... I have not intentionally used Surveyor but I may have accidentally done as martinvk mentioned above....

A one time thing I guess...

Thanks to those who helped and replied. I believed I should have tried TANE first, but learning on TRS19 is a fun challenge....

Last edited:
It is just normal german Sh2 signal + several ties as barrier. Means end of track.

This was on the main line and track clearly continued on. Map view verified such. I must have done in myself in error without knowing somehow...

I have it same way on my map. It was intention of creator to be done so. Track clearly continues on to unfinished sector.

I have it same way on my map. It was intention of creator to be done so. Track clearly continues on to unfinished sector.

OK, thanks... be patient with me as I learn....

I noted that portions of the session have no "content" at far end loops (except for track) - I suspected that this is an early (not complete) release of the session. I wanted to run from one end of the layout to the other so I placed a consist at the far SW loop and started there. So I gather that what you are saying is that I placed my consist in an unfinished part of the route? How would a newbie know that? Being new... all I know is that when I started the game a new Route (Niddertalbahn) was offered.

Again, just trying to learn.... Thanks for the info....

OK, thanks... be patient with me as I learn....

I noted that portions of the session have no "content" at far end loops (except for track) - I suspected that this is an early (not complete) release of the session. I wanted to run from one end of the layout to the other so I placed a consist at the far SW loop and started there. So I gather that what you are saying is that I placed my consist in an unfinished part of the route? How would a newbie know that? Being new... all I know is that when I started the game a new Route (Niddertalbahn) was offered.

Again, just trying to learn.... Thanks for the info....

If you edit the session and choose to save route and session, you will then have your own copy of the route and a session too that you can edit to your heart's desire including continuing the scenery and track in the route its self. Have some fun and see what you can do with that. :D

Yes... I'm very much looking forward to learning how to modify and create routes, etc. As you can tell.. I'm still on the very basics of how all this works... I'm really excited and looking forward to getting into trying my own creations.

Goin' to "knock down" some signals...

Thanks to all for the help and comments.

Back