TrainzUtil not working @ command prompt [solved]

deneban

User ID 71964 (2001)
I have version 96000 of TRS19 and TANE version 94916 installed in separate folders. When I run TrainzUtil from a command prompt (either my user or admin's) from either the TANE folder or the TRS19 folder, TrainzUtil always responds "TANE.exe is not running." This happens with both or either simulators running.

D:\ProgramFiles\Simulators\TRS19>trainzutil ?
- TANE.exe is not running.

D:\ProgramFiles\Simulators\TRS19>trainzutil version

D:\ProgramFiles\Simulators\TRS19>trainzutil setnextcontentid 190000

What's wrong?

The simple thing you're doing wrong there is using Command Prompt. In T:ANE and TRS19 it has to be done within the Launcher (i.e. T:ANE/TRS19 has to be running).

To do it:

1. Click Trainz Settings then Dev.
2. Tick the box relating to enabling advanced debug tools.
3. Close and restart the relevant version.
4. Use the 'Run TrainzUtil Command' in the Developer menu.

Shane

Actually it does work.

Start up TRS19 to get the Launcher loaded.
Open a command prompt and navigate to your TRS19 program folder.

You can then run your Trainzutil command from there.

I used that to import content from T:ANE to TRS19.

C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019> ./trainzutil installfrompath E:\TANE_DATA\editing

I opened up the content I wanted to import first in batches, ran the command and let it import. When the command prompt returned, I submitted the content in TRS19.

Thank you gentlemen, both methods worked, but only after enabling the advanced debug tools (implicit in Shane's approach).

Re-disabling the advanced debug tools again sets the behavior back to returning "TANE.exe is not running".

In summary, there's a good safety switch, but it has an inappropriate error message.

Back