Numbed and think depart forums and jus tintimate my 2 projects when ready for DLS

rjhowie

Have been with Trainz for a decade and enjoyed it and has always been a help when my regular ill-health plays up. But due to getting a formal instruction of 50 points against me re a recent now closed off submission by me I am a bit disgusted. Put up with a separate small string of messages on my Trainz Messages then scrubbed them but I am the bad guy??. When both in time are ready I will just come on and intimate so fans can get the Glasgow 140 mile tramway and my equally large Irish railway (NI Railway plus 2 Irish Rail routes including Dublin Line). Will visit occasionally to see news and keep my distance message-wise.

Bit sickened but trying not rubbish the long efforts building them or stupidly keeping to myself.

Regards.

I think that we may all have learned a lesson from this.

You were, from your description, the victim of a troll on another web site. The troll gave "his name" as a well known and highly respected member of these forums. On the basis of that "evidence" you "named and shamed" that person in these forums - the troll now has two victims from the one post. Your naming of that person was a breech of the forum CoC and the reason why you were given a warning and a loss of points.

My opinion only.

This is so sad rjhowie. I understand you must have been angered by the remarks and looking for justice, but I hate to see one thread cost you the companionship of everyone on the forums. Everyone should maybe be allowed one transgression, and I would like to see you stay on. This too shall pass....

Good Afternoon rjhowie
I am sorry to see this happen.

As was pointed out several times in your thread, including by one of our moderators (And several retired moderators), it is not appropriate to publicly name and shame people on our forums for actions that may have occurred on other websites, and in effect make personal attacks toward other members of the forums.

The CoC is rubbish IMO. The mods are the worst I've seen in 10+ years on Trainz forums.. Will move something deliberately put somewhere but won't deal with the problems that push people away from the forums. They're not a nice place to be anymore. Haven't been for a while.

While I have been "haunting" these forums for about the same length of time as you have H222 but I can't say that the moderators have been "the worst" in 10+ years. What I can say is worse is the manners, rudeness, lack of patience, "give it to me now attitude" of a vocal minority of members in these forums. All of which makes the moderators job (unpaid, un-praised, unwelcome by some) far more difficult than it was years ago. No matter what they do, they will get criticised.

After this years US Open, who would want to be a tennis umpire, but at least they get paid for the job.

I think that the moderators do a difficult job well. And let us not forget that Trainz users are in all time zones and post 24/7.

How many of the critics have put their names forward for the job? How many have put forward a better CoC?

So sad to see you have chosen to leave for no real fault of your own. My recently deceased wife was born in the West End of Glasgow and has followed your Glasgow tram line theme for many years.
Please follow through and place your many years of effort onto the DLS so we can all enjoy it.
Like many others I follow the forum from a safe distance and do not comment often but I would be lost without the many contributors on here.
I look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the not to distant future.
Best wishes helian 43 aka Ian

Thanks for the submissions listed (including Zech Murphy). I have had an even more groaning extension which I will mention passingly. I got an email recently asking me if I was the rjhowie on Trainz. When said I was I have received a list of emails with every filthy disgusting words that could be used as well as threatening. It is a different email person. Rubbished my Irish rail bit effort as well and left me head shaking and gob-smacked. Is there a way I can bock this disgusting person from emailing me and rubbishing my efforts on Trainz?

Trainz has been a boon to me having been a fan here as said for years. The comment on my Glasgow tramway much noted which is as all know huge with those nearly 250 boards. My rough first attempt on Trainz and those who visit my Northern Ireland railway project will see a lot more in-depth effort as visited over there for decades and taken boys camps and so on. Just felt would be nice to try and do the NIR as that part of Gt Britain was the worst for rail closures. There are not many Trainzers who fly to another country to do rail sim builds eh?! Then arguing with myself whether to extend south and been well into that and Dublin and Howth lines.

Not being on the forums is not the way I wanted to go and I am appreciative of the supports extended to me. So that has been an encouragement and made me get back to that big gap on IRail between Dundalk and Drogheda. Feel with the sympathy I have noted will think carefully as had been so hurt by that 50 point situation after so much effort on Glasgow and across the Irish Sea. Going to think carefully on the idea of keeping a distance. Had this been a weekend i would have shut my eyes during my Sunday service during the sermon and Trainz distracting me!! Trainz has also been a great boost health wise and with the favourable long association been great for me. The Glasgow thing was a huge first time build thing and Ireland north and south equally so and I would never have stopped people eventually getting them both (only two folk got the Glasgow thing and the NI Rly. So after careful thought and what has been passed to me I feel I should not desert the Forums.

So excuse the preamble and I will now no longer skip the forums and will find out how long this Trainz penalty runs and how to stop this repeated email disgusting stuff can be blocked. Hoping to be over from Glasgow to Ireland north and south very soon and staying on the forums.

Regards and my appreciation folks.

ps Apologies for the misspelling haste

Thanks for the submissions listed (including Zech Murphy). I have had an even more groaning extension which I will mention passingly. I got an email recently asking me if I was the rjhowie on Trainz. When said I was I have received a list of emails with every filthy disgusting words that could be used as well as threatening. It is a different email person. Rubbished my Irish rail bit effort as well and left me head shaking and gob-smacked. Is there a way I can bock this disgusting person from emailing me and rubbishing my efforts on Trainz?

As far as I know there is no way to email a person through any N3V provided service, the closest you can get is a PM here on the forums. You cannot even access your email address (I just tried to find yours & failed). The only sanctioned place I know where to get a Trainz member's email address is from the Contact-email line in an asset made by the creator's config file.

If you are having a problem with a single person emailing you harassment, you should look to your email provider for a means to block that person. N3V is not & cannot be responsible for the actions of their users outside of their provided services.

I did do a quick Google search to see if your email would pop up from some other site, and found 2 potential places it could have been obtained from (or at least how the person could have contacted you through) one is on your own website, on the guesbook page, I see a person has written some pretty distasteful stuff about you & your content... your guestbook system may have forwarded that post to your email. Secondly is on the British Trainz Forums, where you can email a member thru the forum software, the person emailing you doesn't get your email address, but the message is sent to your email.

peter

I had not the possibility to answer in the other thread, so I'll answer you here.
It's of course someone who stole my identity who said these bad words on your website, as other people said, why, as a route creator myself, whould I critisise your works ?
MF01 told me the problem is, the message was posted in may, and this person must have changed his IP adress, so how can we find this thief ? I looked at your website this morning, and saw that the message was posted from facebook, so I guess this thief have a facebook account, and you may be able to see his username ?

Jimmy

Last edited:
Both Jimmy and Bobby are members of British Trainz as am I, can't think of any active members would be childish enough to do anything like that, trouble makers are quickly removed anyway. The emails I would report and forward to abuse at whatever email provider they came from, then block them with spam filters.

Could be from someone you crossed swords with on the net, most email addresses are available on the darkweb anyway, you can check if yours has been acquired here https://haveibeenpwned.com/ mostly they get used to send spam and phishing emails to. Mine has but it doesn't seem to cause me any real problems as my filters shove it all in the spam folder anyway. Curiously I hardly had any spam, maybe a couple a month until I joined Facebook...........

Why I previously got an enquiry as to wanting to know if I was the rjhowie on Trainz didn't bother me at first as thought just a forthcoming query instead of the shocking words when I confirmed the positive. Did separately a wee while ago before this nightmare get a list of cheeky messages via the Trainz forums messages from a Trainzer but more cheeky than anything else so just told him to stop being a bother and he did. That ceased and I got on with things before the disgusting, obscene and vicious and dirty stuff via my email. The name I have of him means nothing at all to me. It all came proverbially out of the blue and I was rather stunned by the viciousness, hate and cursing along with death threat and three in a row. Here on Trainz I have always enjoyed things and keeping folk informed and especially with my two rather large projects. Completely puzzled why I got the stuff and will contact my email provider for advice. Groan...just got another email contact from this nasty person but no content just a link via http://www. but the answer I get is [h=1]"Not Found[/h][FONT=&quot]The requested URL was not found on this server."[/FONT]

Meanwhile those who have been in touch and personally have been great and helped me rethink my situation. All who have been much appreciated and although I got penalised I did appreciate their comments and support hence me having a rethink as Trainz is important to me as are the forums. How long my punishment goes on I have no idea! Now getting back to that dashed catch up on the gap between Drogheda and Dundalk ......!

Groan...just got another email contact from this nasty person
By keeping the discussion going you are encouraging them. The solution is in your own hands: stop the discussion, stop responding to the emails, ignore any links, add the from addresses to your banned list, etc. These people feed off your reaction. No reaction and it stops.

Secondly is on the British Trainz Forums, where you can email a member thru the forum software, the person emailing you doesn't get your email address, but the message is sent to your email.

peter

This seems the most likely way you were contacted, as your reply would have contained your email address. But why your Ireland N+S project should be attacked is something of a mystery. As far as I know, it will be the first significant route to be based on the rail system here. I, for one, have been looking forward to running it: travelled the Enterprise many times over the years and I am very interested to see what you make of it.

Back