Startup Options Rule not working.

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
Mind you, being something of a novice, I might have missed something. I'm working on a session and want to start at 7am, not the default 10am. Clearly setting the environment to 7am does not affect the actual start time, and I did track down, before reading up on, the Startup Options Rule. So I changed the start time to 7am, and it looks about right with a rather late sunrise for summer. I then go to test the session and it's back to 10am!!?!! (Trainz A New Era)
What am I missing?

Mind you, being something of a novice, I might have missed something. I'm working on a session and want to start at 7am, not the default 10am. Clearly setting the environment to 7am does not affect the actual start time, and I did track down, before reading up on, the Startup Options Rule. So I changed the start time to 7am, and it looks about right with a rather late sunrise for summer. I then go to test the session and it's back to 10am!!?!! (Trainz A New Era)
What am I missing?

To set your time, you need to do this while editing the session and not the route. Not to be confused with layers here, use the View Sessions then Edit or Create session when clicking on a route in the main menu.

I'm not at my Trainzing PC right now to give exact details and the name is a bit sketchy, but I think that's what it is.

Well I did create and edit the session in session, not route layer. Second the time and rate rule is inside and part of the startup options, which is why I said it is NOT working. I'll have to see if I can find an example and see how it varies.

Ok, we have to go back to basics.

1. Load your saved Session (not the Route) into Surveyor.
  2. Open the Session Editor
  3. Select the Startup Options Rule and click Edit
  4. Set the Time of Day to 07:00
  5. Click the Tick
  6. Exit the Session Editor
  7. Save the Session
  8. Start Driver - click the Quick Start icon

What does the start time state?

When you start your Session in Driver always select the Route, then View Sessions, then select the Session

The start up rule may not be required. Do you have quick drive rule in the edit session? if yes set your time in this, it overrides the set up.

Back