Serial Number / Download Station Issues

WangHalen

DartRider’s #1 Fan
Just now getting back into virtual trains after many years away, so I download T:ANE using Steam. I've figured out that you don't get a serial number from this, but I was told purchasing a First Class Ticket gets you access to the download station. Bought that last night, and my "myTrainz" account is properly verified in the game, but I still can't download or access anything from the DS. It's becoming frustrating because I'm not sure what to do and the FAQ section doesn't seem very helpful. Anyone else have this issue that can help? Thanks.

-Wang

I have noticed that your product does not show up next to your time line as you see with others such as myself. I recommend contacting the helpdesk to ensure that your product appears next to your name. There is sometimes a server issue which prevents the steam accounts from registering properly with N3V's servers. I'm not sure if this maybe causing the issue you are having and it's good thing to anyway, otherwise, people will be less apt to help you because you don't show a registered product.

On your end:

Go to the T:ANE Launcher then into settings and the Internet tab and ensure you are logged into the program using the same username and password you are using to access your My Trainz account.

Ensure that you have allowed T:ANE through your firewall.

Outside of that, I can't think of anything else that will prevent you from downloading.

I've been able to download from JR with no issues other than needing certain pieces (trucks, engine sounds, etc.) for some downloads. I am logged in through the game and it shows my FCT as being active. I can't get anything from the download station.

I should mention that those missing pieces can only be downloaded from the DS, so I run into trouble there as well.

When it tries to download, it normally brings up a status box with some lines of text. Do any of these have a red icon next to them? If so these are the errors that will help work out why it's not downloading.

Shane

This is an example of the errors I get. I already know how to fix the errors, but I can’t downlod the necessary files because it says my account is not authorized, DESPITE me already going through the entire process with no obvious issues. Very frustrating. EDIT: Well apparently I can't even upload a screenshot of this without issue. Sweet.

Screenshot%201_zpsgxz4tvm3.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back