Audio (sound) in all n3v games

tupuluruk

TRS 2006 / TRS 2004
As could be seen I have TRS2004, TRS2006, TRS2010, Trainz A New Era SP2 and TMR17.

Suddenly to day I have lost the audio (sound) in the n3V games - TANE and TMR17 while I have the audio in other games as well as in other programs of 0f my PC.

How to solve this ? I will be grateful if I am guided in this case.

Thanks.

There is a setting in the Surveyor Main Menu that will turn off or on the sounds played in the Surveyor and Driver startup menus (where you select routes and sessions) which does not affect sounds in session play. If this is OFF then turn it ON to check that the menu sounds (trains arriving and departing, whistle toots, etc) are working. There is also a volume setting which may be the culprit here - make sure that it is not turned right down.

Apart from those, there is nothing that I can think of that would only affect sounds in TANE.

The only thing I can think of (but it may have been in TS2010 as well) is if 3D sounds are turned on as this can occasionally cause issues.

Shane

Thanks for the replies pware and Shane. I have checked these settings before posting my query.
That does not help.

This probably doesn't explain your observations, but I'll raise it as a possibility anyway. Did you recently update your NVidia drivers (including audio drivers)? On a couple of occasions when I did this, it changed my speakers' default audio from Realtek to NVidia without notification. I could not get any sounds out of them until I reset it back to Realtek (via the little Speaker symbol in the Windows taskbar).

Back