Menu Circle

I see this when the game autosaves while in surveyor if I don't do anything for a few minutes. If I save regularly, it does not happen. If you exit surveyor, then go back in, it will go away. Like oknotsen said, it is some sort of pre-cache. Nothing to worry about, but annoying.

OK, this is weird.

I usually have the circle constantly - it never goes away. Even after the thumbnail is visible, the circle stays on top of it obscuring the image.

So, just to double check, I go into my current Route/Session. Open the Objects Tab. Click around to different things. Now I get a split second circle and then it disappears and I have a clear image of the thumbnail.

Weird.

So now it's 4 hours later. I did some testing. Here's what I found. Most things, rolling stock or objects tab, show the circle for a split second and then the item renders without the circle. Some things, sometimes, take longer. If I clicked a different item while the circle was still showing, the circle stayed - forever, for all other items in that tab. I could switch to a different tab (eg object or rolling stock) there would be no circle. However, if I clicked on items and caught one while the circle was still showing from a previous item, the circle stayed - forever, for all other items in that tab.

Interesting, it would not be repeatable for any given item. It occurred with an A&SE SD 38. I exited Trainz. Went back in. Clicked the SD38 and the circle disappeared almost immediately. I clicked a few other items and it hung up on a 40ft boxcar.

What is repeatable, at least on my system, is, if the circle has not disappeared and I click another item - the circle stays until I exit the Route.

If any of you can duplicate these results, I'll submit a bug report.

I have 2500 pieces of rolling stock installed and the circle never goes away no matter what I do. I believe it is overloaded with too much installed on my system. I have 5,000 building assets, 2000 textures, 2700 engines, 60 routes and about 20,000 more other things.

I often get the spinning circle, and it often stays there for a long time. But it seems to be random, so I can't submit a bug report with a repeatable scenario, which is what they want.
But there is definitely a problem here.

Build No. 90955.

Mick

This issue has been there since SP1. Still there with my build 90955. It comes and goes randomly. Other then being annoying there doesn't seem to be anything not working correctly. If memory serves me correctly this was reported sometime last year as a bug.

If any of you can duplicate these results, I'll submit a bug report.

I submitted a bug report on this or a very similar problem for build 92273 about two weeks ago. Part of that report I have shown below. The problem was reproduceable.

5. Detailed Description
  • Selected item from Object selection tool (shown in screenshot). Spinning "wait" icon was shown for a long time with no thumbnail shown before assertion message (shown in screenshot) appeared.
  • Clearing the assertion message resolved the issue.
  • Rolling stock assets hold the spinning wait icon for the longest time but in almost all cases the spinning stopped and the thumbnail was shown.
  • On one occasion I gave up waiting and switched focus to my screen grabber to take a screenshot but as soon as TANE lost the focus, the spinning stopped and the thumbnail appeared.
  • On other occasions the mouse cursor icon continued to spin (a small spinning blue circle) after the TANE wait icon had stopped spinning but moving the cursor restored it to normal.

EDIT: I just checked with build 92487 (the latest beta) and the problem as described above still exists - the offending asset I reported is a grade crossing <kuid2:523:23278:1> XING 2 US 315 boom

Last edited:
Back