I'm not able to select the individual trackmark that I want to

Last edited:
I have tried all options listed on here and I can't get it to work
The best I can get is:
- all trackmarks in list
- first trackmark in list
- random trackmark in list
I'm not able to select the individual trackmark that I want to

Make sure you use "trackmark" as the beginning of the track mark name. ETC trackmark Construction [1] and trackmark Construction [2]. trackmark Construction is the list name that will show up when you use the Drive to tackmark list.

Carl

Make sure you use "trackmark" as the beginning of the track mark name. ETC trackmark Construction [1] and trackmark Construction [2]. trackmark Construction is the list name that will show up when you use the Drive to tackmark list.

Carl

So using one of the above examples?
"trackmark EGNE[M1]"
"trackmark EGNE[M2]"
"trackmark EGSE[M1]"
"trackmark EGSE[M2]"

You only use the number, no letters. If you need the M put it before the brackets. You don't need trackmark at the beginning for it to work.

EGNEM(1)
EGNEM(2)
EGSEM(1)
EGSEM(2)

Also, neither way works. Still can't see the part in brackets. Only options to send are: all, first, or random in each group

Last edited:
Also, neither way works. Still can't see the part in brackets. Only options to send are: all, first, or random in each group

It could be the [ ] characters are interpreted as something else causing the numbers not to display. Try a dash or underscore as I've done.

WG_E
WG_W

Keeps the WG track marks together.

If you need them in order:

WG_1
WG_2
WG_3

works all the way from 0 to 9.

If you go more than that, you may have a problem because the program will want to sort the 10 with the 1.

I use the ~ and the - symbols and numerically start with a 01 after the -.
All databases will lump 10 with 1 and 20 with 2, it's been like that for years, so for numbers below 10 add a 0 to them (01, 02 etc).
As a former business owner that used databases for stock control my stock (asset) codes were all alpha numeric, the first letter was the parts unit location, second letter was shelf or bin row and third letter was the location of the bin along the row followed by a stock number. Same logic can be applied to track marks.
For trainz I use a town location code for the start, then a district location if needed, then track track number, then location along the track in the up or down direction of travel.
e.g
HAN~SSSY 04-01 (Hanfield~South Sorting South Yard Track 01-Trackmark number)
HAN~SSSY 05-10
This should always show in alpha-numerical order in the dropdown list.
I usually add a name indicator in surveyor for the location, because as an oldun I can't always remember what my codes mean :hehe:

A picture will explain better..

A large sub section of a large sorting yard in a town beginning with HAN..you can see the correct Alpha-Numeric display in the Drive Via pull out at the bottom right.

Trackmarks.jpg

I hope this helps :)

You wont see the part in brackets when you select trackmark list, just the group name EGNEM. This is because you are selecting all TM's under that heading. If you want to go to a TM in the list just select drive to TM in the normal way and the bracket number will be shown. If you are just trying to group TM's in general then use EGNE~M1, EGNE~M2. This will group the TM's in the normal trackmark selection list for drive to TM.

Back