Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I finally tried to make a route again. What do you all think?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tume View Post
    Hello,

good looking so far as we can see now.
    You should look for some more special assets to meet your special requirements.
    For instance there are special road objects available which fits to the yarn roads and provides side way turnouts - e.g. to connect to the car park you visible in your screens :-)
    But such details can always be improved at any time :-)

Have fun working at your project :-)
    Your's TUME
    Thank you TUME! I’ll have to look for those YARN roads.

Blog Entries

Ok, here is another update. Added a yard, more detailing, and most importantly, 2 functioning ATLS crossings. Pretty cool stuff.

Here is the first one, where that weird diagonal road used to be. It comes in horizontaly now.

And here is the second one, off of a spur near the yard. Soon this area will be all warehouses and sort of urban-like. So I added these crossings from that big pack on JR.

And here is the yard, last but not least.

I only added a few other minor things, nothing to significant, except for the fact that I changed the region to the 1950s 'USA Glory Years' one. It has nice detailed car models and it fits in to the 1960s-70s post steam era thing.

Blog Entries

Update again. I added a bunch of new details, and a passenger main that runs parralel to the main freight line. Also I added a bunch of new grade crossings, all ATLS enabled.

Here is the progress on the urban area that I was working on. I've layed out the road grid and now I have to fill it in with Buildings and scenery and stuff. Thats a project for later though.

Here is the Passenger mainline. The speed limit will be high, like 80 or 90 miles per hour. Triggers will be set pretty far from the grade crossing.

I may end up electrifing it. But I'm not to sure right now.

I added a bunch of JR buildings to, like this yard control tower. Pretty minor but it fleshes the route out nicely in my opinion.

Thats all. Getting these grade crossings working has been a pain in the ass and I haven't had time to do much else.