PIONEER "X"

Not able to find the semi trailer I was looking for to haul corn syrup I decided to try and reskin a Shell tanker, took a little bit of time but I like the results:

Actually looks like the one I was looking for: Just need a ADM decal

Corn Industry looks like it is thriving and the Railroad benefits too.....Compact too!

Nice work here.

I wanted a good mix of freight and now with those corn syrup tankers I think it's well rounded. Boxcars, covered hoppers, flat/bulkhead flat. and tankers. Good operational choices that can be pretty prototypical.

The CornProducts International processing building was a turning point. I was able to use the JointedRail CornProducts International sign (brown posts) from their freeware set and resize it and fade it and place it over the original logo the Trucking Transfer building had, then add some Build-a-Facility overhead doors and dock. Normally I try to just "push" the sign into place over an area I want covered but this time it did not work. I had to actually use tools in paint.net to cut the sign out and resize it afterwards to fit the space. And also using paint.net to fade the building sign out. I also lowered the building slightly so it could line up the Build-a-Facility concrete dock.

Above: I then made a black post version of the sign to match the roof of the bulk storage office. A lot of fun using the paint.net software to make these changes. Just remember to always clone the model your using in case you make any mistakes.

Last edited:
:wave: Awh....Sounds great on the redo,

;) I have to play around with Paint.Net some more..........Thanks for the tips.

Hi! I understand that this is an old thread, but in case anyone is subscribed, did anyone resolve the missing assets listed above? I found some at MTMW and a couple at JR, both via google, but some did not google at all and many just led right back to this page. I am interested in making whatever I can of this route. Thanks!

Thanks Griphos. That is good to know. If you google the KUIDs you should find the ones from MWTM and JR, and those are available. The payware I will have to try to see what they are and substitute. I appreciate the response!

Most of the Non DLS is from TMR17 and in particular the "Brazemore Yard Layout", which is why if you have TMR17 it makes it easier. The majority of other freeware is JointedRail (12 days of Christmas Old town buildings and phonebooths and numerous freeware off their site a;ong with RRmods (dumpsters and Blaine County Co-op elevator) plus a decent amount of Dave Snow items, including his "Build-a-Facility" series....

Thanks Railhead100. I don't have TMR, so I guess that means finding substitutes. I think I got the JR buildings but missed most of the rest of 12 days. JR said it would be uploaded to DLS after the holidays but every thread that said that was closed, and I never heard if it ever was? ANd it apparently was never added to JRs own freeware? Anyone have a list of what all was in the 12 days? I should be able to get the RRMods. Much appreciated!

Back