Clear "Ghost Engine" No Alpha issues.

Saturnr

Steam Train Fanatic
Anyone know why this engine is showing up translucent? I checked in photoshop and no alpha showing? Using TANE too.

It has 8 Warnings, no errors.

; <kuid2:594860:100708:1> Validating <kuid2:594860:100708:1>
! <kuid2:594860:100708:1> VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
! <kuid2:594860:100708:1> VE82: High-detail .im files are not supported for traincar assets, as they are likely to perform poorly. It is recommended that you upgrade 'blw_mike_body/driver.im' to a .lm file.
! <kuid2:594860:100708:1> VE82: High-detail .im files are not supported for traincar assets, as they are likely to perform poorly. It is recommended that you upgrade 'blw_mike_body/lod1.im' to a .lm file.
! <kuid2:594860:100708:1> VE82: High-detail .im files are not supported for traincar assets, as they are likely to perform poorly. It is recommended that you upgrade 'blw_mike_body/bell.im' to a .lm file.
! <kuid2:594860:100708:1> VE62: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
! <kuid2:594860:100708:1> VE39: The texture 'blw_mike_body/number.tga' is a uniform color.
! <kuid2:594860:100708:1> VE39: The texture 'blw_mike_shadow/shadow.bmp' is a uniform color.
! <kuid2:594860:100708:1> VE109: The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may have a negative impact on performance: 0: 12283

b1eb4b546704398efefd101f8bfdddbf.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Saturnr

Some of these are warnings, not errors. You will have to fix the errors, (the ones with a red icon) but don't have to change the ones with a yellow icon.

It is probably a texture error that is causing the problem and you will have to include a thumbnail.

Cheers,
Bill69

Some of these are warnings, not errors. You will have to fix the errors, (the ones with a red icon) but don't have to change the ones with a yellow icon.

It is probably a texture error that is causing the problem and you will have to include a thumbnail.

Cheers,
Bill69

All of them are warnings. No errors.

Saturnr

OK, but can it be downloaded from a website? If so, which one?

No. It has just been shown at all for the first time today. It and the coaches, the Alcos, etc, are all part of a developing CWR project. By the way, the loco works fine for me in TS12 (even with skewed graphics.

Saturnr

Alpha Maybe

I think "no alpha issues" may be misleading. Partial transparency in-game is often a sign that the game is using the main texture file as an alpha layer. Check the texture.txt file for each of your texture maps. One or more of them will contain a line beginning "alpha=" and the name of the texture file. As a consequence, the game will use the colors in the texture map as translucenncy hints since the map has no actual alpha layer.

Alternatively (this may be the problem if you've checked and verified that you *do* have an alpha layer which is properly named in the texture.txt) it may be that the alpha layer you intend to be a stencil has more than two colors, one of which is 0,0,0 and the other 255,255,255. Even one pixel which is not in one of these colors will cause the game to treat the alpha mask as translucency rather than transparency (stencil). What I do to check this is, display the alpha layer, copy it alone, then count the number of colors used. If the number is greater than two, or either one is a color other than pure black or whte, I correct it and copy the corrected mask back into alpha layer of my texture file.

Note that the alpha layer may have more than two *possible* colors - 256, for example. For stencil rather than translucency, though, it can only *use* two of those colors, and they must be pure black and pure white.

All fixed. Everything is fine. I corrected the alpha and some other bits. Expect more photos in the "Redwood Route" Thread.

Saturnr

Back