Windows 10

gtatransam

I was just wondering if sp2 and jointed rail is windows 10 friendly thanks to anyone who responds I am looking to start updating my gaming pc and want to move to w 10

All good

Yes, I have WIN10 and it works all good for me. Be sure to install the 64bit version of 10.

Happy Trainzing.

Last edited:
Without doubt, Windows 10 is the best ever variant of Windows OS so far to date and easily the most accomplished gaming platform out there.
It is faster and more secure than Windows 7 and 8.1, so in my opinion, switching to Windows 10 64-bit for running Trainz is a no-brainer.

And TANE SP2 runs well on the Creators Edition of Win10 as well. That version has a "gaming option" although I've never felt the need to investigate or use it. There have been a couple of posts on that subject.

Thanks for the info I built my first system for iRacing have a pretty high end simulator for that but the pc is about 6 years old I have a 980ti running tri screens and it does well but trainz is such a huge program that I only get 30fps on 1 screen and that's with graphics set about midway nothing is on high or ultra.so I am planning on a MB.CPU.and a 1080ti I am hoping the 11g of video memory will get me to the point where the detail does not pop up rt at the loco thanks again people

Try full sync in TANE settings. I have a GTX780Ti and usually get about 60FPS.

Last edited:
Half sync? Isn't that what usually gives 30FPS? (I normally use either no sync or full sync)

Shane

Ooops! Sorry, my mistake - it should be full. I have about 4 different installations and forgot the default setting is "half". My brain was obviously on other things, or maybe asleep. :eek:

Thanks for the info I built my first system for iRacing have a pretty high end simulator for that but the pc is about 6 years old I have a 980ti running tri screens and it does well but trainz is such a huge program that I only get 30fps on 1 screen and that's with graphics set about midway nothing is on high or ultra.so I am planning on a MB.CPU.and a 1080ti I am hoping the 11g of video memory will get me to the point where the detail does not pop up rt at the loco thanks again people

I can't say much about the video card from my experience, but for the other hardware, I say you should be using at least a newest generation Core i5 or i7. Most Core i7 desktop CPUs are quad-core processors, as are the majority of Core i5 desktop CPUs. Some are only Core Duo (dual) Core and I would stay away from those. Then comes the RAM, at 8 Gigs you are just at the bottom of TANE performance level needed, I would recommend 16 Gigs so you have some headroom, and of course get a SSD hard drive... Then the video card. I'm guessing the one you quote would do, that would be the area your preference. IMO... Have fun Trainzing

It's a terrible OS, especially in terms of security, but unless you can roll back to something else, your only other option is the Mac version of Trainz. As with all other OS', I recommend disabling most non-essential services for optimal performance. That includes anti-virus.

Last edited:
Hi folks!
I'm looking for migrate my TANE SP2 from Win 7 64 bits to WIN 10 64 bits.
Which is the best startegy to backup and restore my content?
Regards
Charly

It's a terrible OS, especially in terms of security, but unless you can roll back to something else, your only other option is the Mac version of Trainz. As with all other OS', I recommend disabling most non-essential services for optimal performance. That includes anti-virus.

I find Windows 10 the best windows yet, currently using a professional and an enterprise version. I have had almost every US Windows version ever made. My next favorite version of Windows was XP pro, and version 3.1 back in the day (that was a game changer). I see Windows 10 as far more secure and useable than any Apple / Mac system, which gives you a false sense of security, and less capabilities (yes, I have had several Mac systems also, gave them to my kids).

Also, I would never recommend to disable anti-virus software, terrible idea. Better idea would be to have a quality anti-virus, and learn how to use it correctly.

Back