direction change

Is this in Surveyor or Driver?

Surveyor and Driver:

Go into the train cars and consists tab.

Click on the consists, then click on the green and red change direction.

If you are driving the train and are using Easy mode (DCC Mode), you can do this by clicking on the change direction red and green icon located near the horn, bell, and speed knob.

Is this in Surveyor or Driver?

Surveyor and Driver:

Go into the train cars and consists tab.

Click on the consists, then click on the green and red change direction.

If you are driving the train and are using Easy mode (DCC Mode), you can do this by clicking on the change direction red and green icon located near the horn, bell, and speed knob.

Umm -- this must be for TANE, or you are using an HUD in 12 that I don't have. Surveyor, yes. Driver, No.

I've tried the available direction change commands in 09 and 12 and some of them work for a while. After the first station stop, however, train direction reverts to the original and will no longer change at all. If you watch in map view, you'll see the driver flip to the other end of the train and then pop back.

Sorry.

:B~(

Umm -- this must be for TANE, or you are using an HUD in 12 that I don't have. Surveyor, yes. Driver, No.

I've tried the available direction change commands in 09 and 12 and some of them work for a while. After the first station stop, however, train direction reverts to the original and will no longer change at all. If you watch in map view, you'll see the driver flip to the other end of the train and then pop back.

Sorry.

:B~(

Yes in T:ANE

I've had that issue too in TS12. If your driver is doing that then check other things like direction markers, junctions, track segments, etc. Sometimes putting in an extra track mark helps. I had to do that on one route where the drivers decided it was easier to backup, go down through a branch then drive backwards to get to their track mark. I put a track mark in the middle and used a Navigate via to that one in between.

Last edited:
Yeah. It's a good rule, when you are building in Surveyor a cut that is to be picked up in Driver, to ensure the consist direction matches the direction you intend the train to go. Minimizes confusion for both the AI and I.

:B~)

The train is set up with AI in mind This means that when you drive (DCC) the train, the front will always be the setting it was at when taken out of AI. Give the train an AI command to change direction and then go into DCC mode.

Back