Cant Kick Cars

Chadd04

Knuckle Shuffling
I seem to be having an issue with JR cars. I am trying to kick cars around in a yard, but when I cut the cars away they stop in their tracks and the rest of the train bounces off of them. Can anyone explain why this is?

Do you uncouple them before, or after you start pushing them? I do it before I start moving, then hit the brakes and they take off.

Funny, I uncouple them after I've started moving. Yank the lever, hit the brakes and let that sucker roll into the siding, applying car handbrakes if necessary.

Hi Chad,

I'm actually glad you're having this problem as I am as well. Will let you know what it could be.

THanks

Mike

In TS12 I had this sometimes happening as well (with uncoupling when moving), and then sometimes again no problems.
And if it happened it was always throughout a session, reloading the session sometimes fixed it... or not. Could never figure out why...
No problems ever in TS10 or TANE.
But you could always uncheck "Disable physics for stopped traincars" in Options -> Jointed Rail Settings Library. This should solve the problem, but might have some negative impact on performance. And that way I can even uncouple before starting to move (provided that the brake cylinder pressure is 0 of course).

Hi

Some railcars are scripted to automatically apply the handbrake when uncoupled. Some of the rolling stock that comes with the S&C route have this feature.

Regards

Brian

Yes, but the issue seems to mainly be JR content, I wasnt sure if it was a bug or a certain code which they had.

I think felix solved my problem turning off the physics aloud me to kick a whole train no problem.

Back