Model Railroader August 1981

matruck

Dirty Deeds
Howdy All not too sure where i should of asked this but i think it may be in the right spot, I'm after anyone who has a copy of Model Railroader August 1981 issue as stated in my title i'm really only after the drawings/article for the Ortner 5 Bay Hoppers which i have tracked down to being in this issue.
I'm wiling to either pay for the article to be printed/posted to me of if it could be scanned and sent i would still hand over sum coin for this to be done, It isn't for any commercial gain or profit I've just been after these drawings for sum time.
Anyways thanks for any help offered.
Cheers Mick.:)

Isn't that liable to be a breach of copyright?

I was waiting for sum do gooder and it just happened to you how convenient.

P.S Any Mods awake at the moment could you kindly close this thread as a decent Trainzer has kindly helped me with my inquiry and I'd hate this thread to be de-railed because of the few clowns who have nothing better to do then annoy others here.

Last edited:
All plans in Model Railroader can be reproduced for non-commercial use. Says so right on the plan page.

Geez know your facts.

Harold

All plans in Model Railroader can be reproduced for non-commercial use. Says so right on the plan page.

Geez know your facts.

Harold

Thanks Harold obviously offering to pay for a copy or whatever and stating i did not want to profit from this isn't enough for sum peeps here.
Mick.

I have a stack of old model railroad magazines that I got at a train show, I'll look and see if I have it. I don't think I have it but I'll look anyway.

All good MR thanks mate a kindly soul here among us has already helped me out with the above request, Thank you for looking though i have a ton of old MR Mags and enjoy going thru them now and then for any info i can find.
Mick.

If you are going to need other MR plans might I suggest you buy the MR Magazine 75th anniversary DVD? Its around $200 but well worth it as it contains the first 75 years worth of MR Magazine with plans, photos, articles, even the ads (which can be a riot when you look at some of the prices back then).

Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette has a similar DVD for a bit less.

Ben

If you are going to need other MR plans might I suggest you buy the MR Magazine 75th anniversary DVD? Its around $200 but well worth it as it contains the first 75 years worth of MR Magazine with plans, photos, articles, even the ads (which can be a riot when you look at some of the prices back then).

Ben

I wish "Mainline Modeler" had something along those lines. A DVD I mean. That's be cool because they had so many neat plans and stuff in their mag.

Ben

I was considering buying this one Ben and as Dave said i also wish Mainline Modeler also made the same kind of thing i think i've become a hoarder of railway related plans and drawings LOL.
Mick.

eBay can be a friend too, I got a set of old plans by buying an otherwise unavailable copy that way. Think I paid like $10 for the magazine.

Yeppers Ebay had the copy i was after for $8 i think it was but it was coming from the US so postage would of added $20 sumthing dollars to it, I have no problem paying for it to be shipped i just thought i'd ask here first in case sum kind soul had it laying around close to hand or a printer LOL.
Mick.

Back