C40-8W not appearing...

rr325

I am so sorry to be continually bothering you guys, but this one I really can't figure out..
I downloaded the NS C40-8W today, and after fixing the dependencies (which involved making a slight change to the config file) I tried to run it. But when I clicked to put it on the track, nothing appeared. After re downloading it, nothing changed.
Ideas?
Thanks in advance!
PS I have Trainz 12 (61388), not '09 as it shows in my bar.

dont modify it. that would be why it broke.

Pretty much. There should be no reason especially in TS12 Build 61388 why you have to modify anything for things to work. You more than likely modified something that was missing ( which like most missing dependencies from our items, is in our dependencies section) and that ended up breaking it and making it now unusable.

The thing I changed was not in the dependency sec., I checked. The problem I was having was that the engine file that came w/ the cdp was 2:45324:6408:4, but the kuid list wanted 45324:6408, so I changed the #.
Now that I have messed it up, how can I fix it? Delete and re-install?

The thing I changed was not in the dependency sec., I checked. The problem I was having was that the engine file that came w/ the cdp was 2:45324:6408:4, but the kuid list wanted 45324:6408, so I changed the #.
Now that I have messed it up, how can I fix it? Delete and re-install?

Delete and reinstall it yes. That shouldnt have any bearing on the locomotive working or not. It should pickup on the fact of the :4 version or any newer one for that matter. Make sure you have the latest engine specs from the site as well as all other dependencies. You may be missing something which is why it wouldnt work originally.

The config does require <KUID:45324:6408> but this will have no effect. Trainz will use the latest version of the ID regardless so there is no need to change this. That's how it works on my system where the locomotive was created. I am assuming that <KUID2:45324:6408:4> came with the locomotive and this is what you have so trainz should use that. The bottom line is, you should not edit the config files unless you know what you are doing. The locomotives come from the site in working order. If you were missing something at all then you simply need to find the correct file for your version of Trainz in our files section and apply it. If you have trouble finding files then email us or post here if you are not too much in a hurry and we can direct you to the file in question.

Here is how to fix it:

Step 1: Remove the asset and all associated files from your trainz install now so we know what we are working with and we can be sure you have not modified anything.

Step 2: Download the locomotive file from the site and install it.

Step 3: Check for any missing items.

Step 4: Find any missing items at our site or from the DLS and install those.

This should produce a fully working asset. If you have any trouble let us know.

I did as you said (downloaded all the new packs, then when that didn't work, deleted all the files on the KUID table on your website, then reinstalled them), and it will not accept the 2:45324:6408:04 kuid.
What do I do now?
Thanks so much for your help

Not yet, but seeing as I'm getting good help here, I don't think I need to...
Is there any reason I should?

The loco shows as missing 45324:6408, but 2:45324:6408:4 is installed (or at least according to CM..)
How do you add photos? (dumb question, I know...)
Cascaderailroad, I tried that, but it didn't work...

Last edited:
The loco shows as missing 45324:6408, but 2:45324:6408:4 is installed (or at least according to CM..)
How do you add photos? (dumb question, I know...)
Cascaderailroad, I tried that, but it didn't work...

this should not be a problem as the :4 should be used since it replaces the other.

here is an example from my own PC with TS12 61388

cf3e2343453418a1fc334e089db20752.png

you can see above that i do not have 6408 installed as it was probably from many years ago. you can also see that :4 and in my case also :5 are perfectly fine being used in place of it. there are no missing dependencies.

if you can show your cm saying specifically that the asset is missing even though you have the later asset installed then i would say something is wrong with your trainz install.

at the very last resort you can open the item for edit and edit the config only in a text editor to add the other item in but as far as i can tell you are looking in the wrong place; there should be no reason for a missing asset that i can gather.

do not edit config.txt fles unless you know precisely what you are doing because you may remove vital information to the functionality of the asset.

to put images in your post upload them somewhere (i used hostthenpost.org above) and add the link to them in bb image tags or just put the link here.

Back