Payware??

Lewiscc65

Can anyone release payware? If so, how can I tell if the Payware is any good? I have downloaded a lot of routes that where deleted as soon as I opened them and seen what they really looked like. LOL Does N3V verify that all the assets are included and that I do not have to go and buy other assets to complete the route, session, car or senery? If I can upload Payware how do I get the money?

Anyone can release payware if they are the creator or they have permission from the creator to do so. As far as telling if it is really good, like anything else it depends on who made it. There are many creators who make excellent payware, some advertise here on the forum. except for what they sell on Simulator Central, N3V has nothing to do with payware sellers, they are their own entity, it's up to them to provide needed assets or where to find them. MOST payware assets are self contained and include everything needed. As far as selling payware and getting paid, that again is up to the vendor. Most take credit cards and Paypal.

The quality is very variable but some content creators will accept commissions. Some content is high quality but distinguishing the good from the bad can be difficult. I've some payware that is excellent, I have some that has been written off to experience, bit like the DLS some is good and some not so good.

Cheerio John

Hmmm. I hope I'm in the 0.1% !~?

And Lewis -- in my routes and layouts all content is either built-in or from the Download Station.

Phil

Yes, rather a sweeping statement to have made and one that does a dis-service to many content creators who spend long hours giving up their own time and eyesight to share with the community for nothing in return.

To assert that 99.9% of the routes on the DLS are "crap" is totally bollox, if we are getting sweary about it.

One man's junk is another man's treasure and all that. Besides how do you define "crap"? A particularly snooty section at UKTS decided a few years back that no UK MSTS route was worth bothering with if it didn't use UK Finescale Track (that really does come with an eyesight warning) and fully and correctly fenced. No matter the route creator had delivered an authentic track layout and even put in custom buildings. Does a slight deviation from the gradient profile, or the DEM not quite matching real life render a route as "crap". It's little wonder that fewer and fewer people can be arsed to make content with attitudes like that.

According to the search engine on the DLS there are 8199 routes available and 99.9% of that total equates to 8190.801 out of 8199 . So would you like to post which 8 are not crap so that the authors who's routes you've just deemed as crap can demonstrate exactly how they feel towards you !!!

Last edited:
Maybe because Trainz for iPad or Android is nonsense...

Agreed. I have enough trouble trying to use the on-screen keyboard on my smartphone - I just don't see how you could use your fingers on the DCC control or even to select the correct switch to throw on those small screens.

Isn't there also a problem with iPhone and/or Android users having to use the DLS to store their saved routes? That might account for the many "landscape turned portrait" layout screenshots on the DLS that show mostly empty baseboards.

There is a lot of great stuff on the DLS and on 3rd party sites that are freeware and everyone who makes it should be thanked and appreciated for their efforts. There is also a lot of stuff on the DLS that is...not so great. Still, someone took the time to make it and in most cases do want to create quality items, they just have to learn and the best way to learn is to put it out there so people can try it and hopefully provide constructive feedback.

There is a lot of great stuff on the DLS and on 3rd party sites that are freeware and everyone who makes it should be thanked and appreciated for their efforts. There is also a lot of stuff on the DLS that is...not so great. Still, someone took the time to make it and in most cases do want to create quality items, they just have to learn and the best way to learn is to put it out there so people can try it and hopefully provide constructive feedback.
I too agree with that. Although it does take a bit of searching, but when you find it there are still some good stuff on the DLS, you just have to find it.

I don't think there's any coming back from that statement that was said by Dave Snow. You put your foot so far down your throat that your lungs are going to need a pair of shoes.

I too agree with that. Although it does take a bit of searching, but when you find it there are still some good stuff on the DLS, you just have to find it.

Since I don't create anything I depend on others content. When I'm on the DLS I look for creators whose work I know. If I am not familiar with them, I look at the descriptions of the item or route. A well written description with a screenshot will encourage me to give it a try whereas an item called " ???????????" or " !!!WTF eleven " will usually be passed by. If I do download something and I don't like it, I simply delete it and move on.

Probably won't happen though. It's T:ANE and only T:ANE being "worried" about nowadays. If one guy from N3V would pipe up and say "Hey, maybe we can do that?" instead of ONLY focusing on T:ANE. TS12 is still supported, right?

Probably won't happen though. It's T:ANE and only T:ANE being "worried" about nowadays. If one guy from N3V would pipe up and say "Hey, maybe we can do that?" instead of ONLY focusing on T:ANE. TS12 is still supported, right?

tane is a piece of crap ami right? (don't get made philskene we know ur a fan):hehe:

Back