Objects Unresponsive in Surveyor Problem

Paulsw2

Ambling on the slow line
Here's my problem: I've put some flora objects into a mesh library to use with my new route. None of them are showing errors in TS12, build 3.5, and all of them appear and can be placed in Surveyor. However, most, but not all, of the objects are completely unresponsive in Surveyor - ie. no rotation, height adjustment, movement or deletion once they've been placed.

I've never seen this behaviour before with objects in Surveyor. My initial thought was that maybe this was a problem with layers. However, placing these objects on an empty baseboard with only the Route-layer, produced the same behaviour.

Is this possibly a problem with the mesh library asset? It seems strange though that some of the objects in the library work fine, while others don't.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome - this problem is holding up the release of my route!

Paul

Assuming you have all the right config lines in place, it sounds like one of those crazy Trainz behaviours that only comes right after a reboot or a database repair.

Could it be that the zero position isn't where it should be so you can't grab the asset? I have had issue before with some things by other creators. I eventually was able to move the assets by finding that sweet spot on the asset, which wasn't even dead center. I also found that when the asset was rotated, finally after grabbing it, that its rotation was a large arc instead of the asset rotating on its center.

I have also run into issues too with assets not being selectable due to camera angle. I finally was able to get the mouse in there and move the assets, but it was quite time consuming to get the camera right.

John

Thanks Deane and John - you might both be right(!) I noticed the other day that a load of my build-in assets in TS12 have been 'revised', I assume by some sort of database re-build I wasn't aware of. I've offered the assets to colleagues on TCWW to see if they can replicate the problem. I'm awaiting feedback.

Paul

I'm assuming that's safe Malc? Anyway, I'll give it a go followed by a database repair.

Paul

Perfectly safe, gets rid of old cached libraries and stops them being used instead of changed ones, the libraries are cached again the next time they are used.

All done, but sadly has made no difference to the unresponsive assets. Looks though like it's my problem as the assets are working normally for other people. Looks like it's time to go ahead and upload!

Paul

Back