Heritage Package is not working in TANE CE

ffccnn

I can't use the five NS ES44AC Heritage trains in TANE CE. When do you have a working version? This package is payware and I paid for it.
thanks.

this is a sample of the kind of errors I am getting:

- Texture 'mesh_body/ditchlight/null.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'mesh_body/ditchlight/ditchlight_b.im', material 'tick.m.onetex'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_art/mesh_art_icon.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/alphanumber_0a-alphanumber_0a.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/alphanumber_1a-alphanumber_1a.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/alphanumber_3a-alphanumber_3a.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/alphanumber_5a-alphanumber_5a.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/alphanumber_8a-alphanumber_8a.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/black.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/cab.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/digit_3a.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/digit_3b.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/digit_4a.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/digit_4b.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/digit_5a.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/digit_5b.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/digit_6a.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/digit_6b.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/ditchlight/light_cone-light_cone.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/ditchlight/null.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/glass-glass.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/map1-map1.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/map1.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/map1_bump-map1_bump.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/mesh2-mesh2.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/numboard.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/rad-rad.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/rad.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/shadow-shadow.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/trans-trans.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/uhoh.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_night/dot-dot.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_night/flare-flare.texture.txt'.
- Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_night/light_cone-light_cone.texture.txt'.
! The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may have a negative impact on performance.

From Launcher click on 'Manage Content".
Highlight your asset.
'Open asset for Edit' and when that has occurred 'Submit edits'.

This should fix the binary conversion failures.

The 500 polygons one is a warning only.

Note at the moment you may have to select things twice. Once to focus and then second time to action.
The above will not work if asset is locked, and/or builtin payware. I haven't tried it on third party payware.

Thanks Chris

Yes we can't guarantee or fix anything that might be non-functional in T:ANE until there is a final software in place that is free from being generally broken. Until then you may get varied results.

From Launcher click on 'Manage Content".
Highlight your asset.
'Open asset for Edit' and when that has occurred 'Submit edits'.

This should fix the binary conversion failures.

The 500 polygons one is a warning only.

Note at the moment you may have to select things twice. Once to focus and then second time to action.
The above will not work if asset is locked, and/or builtin payware. I haven't tried it on third party payware.

thanks for your reply. Only one error remains:

- Image file 'mesh_art/mesh_art_icon.tga' is incorrectly used as both a texture.txt source file and a raw image file.

any idea please?

it means it needs a thumbnail image as well as the icon. These were updated some time back to fix this problem long before TANE was coming, did you just download these today? if you did let me know so i can find the file and update it. if not, then go download it again it should be updated already to fix this.

the thumbnails part of the config should be

Code:
thumbnails
{
  {
    width                             128
    height                             64
    image "mesh_art/mesh_art_icon.texture"
  }

{
    width                               240
    height                              180
    image "mesh_art/thumbnail.jpg"
  }
}

if you add this yourself you need to make the thumbnail.jpg

I'm glad I came across this while TANE-CE is installing. I bought the Heritage Unit mega pack back when Simulator Central started and they had that sale going on. I don't recall when that was, but I do know that was when I bought them. If I encountered the same problems, and I had to re-download them, how would I download them?

I'm glad I came across this while TANE-CE is installing. I bought the Heritage Unit mega pack back when Simulator Central started and they had that sale going on. I don't recall when that was, but I do know that was when I bought them. If I encountered the same problems, and I had to re-download them, how would I download them?

If i recall SimCentral should be like our site as well, it should have a My Downloadable Products area under My Account. I would check there first, otherwise contact them on that question since while its our products, the sites are not one in the same.

@norfolksouthern37,
I'd like to download the package again. By the way, when I ordered TANE I got this package as a bonus and I don't know where to download it from, can you provide the link? thanks

@norfolksouthern37,
I fixed the first one as per your advise in post #6. this time the thumbnail image was already under the mesh_art directory as follows:
image "mesh_art/1534.jpg"

At the end I have two versions of the same package, my favorite locos, one I paid for and the other was the bonus from TANE :)

Back