Looking for missing tga files

Jamesfaa

I am working to de-error a engine

Santa Fe Warbonnet Dash 9-44CW <kuid2:135744:48734:1>

these are the errors i am getting can anyone help me find the digit_**.tga files.

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.
Warning: Aliased meshes cannot currently be verified by Trainz.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_1a.tga' for texture file 'digit_1a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_1b.tga' for texture file 'digit_1b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_1c.tga' for texture file 'digit_1c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_2a.tga' for texture file 'digit_2a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_2b.tga' for texture file 'digit_2b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_2c.tga' for texture file 'digit_2c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_3a.tga' for texture file 'digit_3a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_3b.tga' for texture file 'digit_3b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_3c.tga' for texture file 'digit_3c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_3d.tga' for texture file 'digit_3d.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_4a.tga' for texture file 'digit_4a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_4b.tga' for texture file 'digit_4b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_4c.tga' for texture file 'digit_4c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_4d.tga' for texture file 'digit_4d.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_5a.tga' for texture file 'digit_5a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_5b.tga' for texture file 'digit_5b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_5c.tga' for texture file 'digit_5c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_5d.tga' for texture file 'digit_5d.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_6a.tga' for texture file 'digit_6a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_6b.tga' for texture file 'digit_6b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_6c.tga' for texture file 'digit_6c.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'digit_6d.tga' for texture file 'digit_6d.texture.txt'.

You can ignore all warning message since they won't prevent you using this loco. All those digit_*.texture.txt files are only required for putting running numbers on the loco. You need to find an existing, working loco that has running number capability and copy the set of digit_*.tga texture files then save and commit.

Bob Weber

Looking further at this problem, I see that kuid2:135744:48734:1 alias's BNSF Dash 9-44CW,<kuid:45324:100015> so I copied all of the digit_*.tga and digit_*.texture.txt file from kuid:45324:100015 and put them into kuid2:135744:48734:1, saved and commited (after deleting the content- line from the config.txt file).

Bob Weber

Thank you I will try this once i get back to the house (like many I have to do something to put food on the table).

I am getting the same missing .tga files in the second engine as i did in the one I asked about...... am I doing something wrong?

Looking further at this problem, I see that kuid2:135744:48734:1 alias's BNSF Dash 9-44CW,<kuid:45324:100015> so I copied all of the digit_*.tga and digit_*.texture.txt file from kuid:45324:100015 and put them into kuid2:135744:48734:1, saved and commited (after deleting the content- line from the config.txt file).

Bob Weber

Which content line in the config.txt please Bob, there's nothing there concerning digits ????

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

I found another dash 9 that used the same files and was able to copy them from there. The other error was a (contact-) in the config file that I removed and the engine works fine now.

Which content line in the config.txt please Bob, there's nothing there concerning digits ????

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
Sorry, I was wrong about the digit files in kuid:45324:100015 since it doesn't come with them. I had previously fixed it with digits from one of sporbust locos. Unfortunately, they're no longer available. You'll have to look around for a loco that has running numbers and copy digit files from it.

Bob Weber

I found another dash 9 that used the same files and was able to copy them from there. The other error was a (contact-) in the config file that I removed and the engine works fine now.
James,
Can you point me to source of tga file, have been looking for some time but cannot id. Thanks
Geoff

Went to http://trainz.banal.net/catalog/pages/UnitedStates-Diesel-MissouriPacific.html
downloaded GE C36-7, kuid:40334:1033
Opened it in Content Manager (CM) for Edit in Explorer and copied 10 of the 12 .tga digit files (it doesn't matter which 10 you pick) from the c36_7_body folder to a temp folder and renamed them:
-1a, -1b, -1c, -2a, -2b, -2c, -3d, -4d, -5d, -6d
then copied all 12 of the digit files (-3a thru -6c) from the c36_7_body folder to the temp folder to make a complete set (digit_1a.tga thru digit_6d.tga).
Opened Santa Fe Warbonnet Dash 9-44CW,<kuid2:135744:48734:1> in CM for Edit in Explorer and copied all 22 .tga files from the temp folder to Santa Fe Warbonnet Dash 9-44CW,<kuid2:135744:48734:1>. Also edited the config.txt file to delete the line:
contact-
saved and commit without error. Placed the Warbonnet in Surveyor and added running numbers successfully.

Bob Weber

Back