Screensaver

You will probably find that the reason for this is because when Trainz is running, the system is not idle for long enough for the screensaver to kick in. It's the standard display properties panel you need to change screensaver settings.

Shane

They have to have a setting somewhere in a config file. My kids leave the train parked sometimes for hours with the screen on. It's a projector so I would like to kick in the screensaver if nothing is touched for 5 or 10 minutes.

Kevin

They have to have a setting somewhere in a config file. My kids leave the train parked sometimes for hours with the screen on. It's a projector so I would like to kick in the screensaver if nothing is touched for 5 or 10 minutes.

Kevin
You're probably worried that damages screens right? It won't burn holes in the screen unless it sits for an extended period of time with absolutely nothing moving. When trainz is running, and trains are left parking, something is always moving on screen. If you stop and wait, you can see the sky moves, as well as the speed trees. I figure if you use some JR stuff like the Dash 9's, they give off smoke like the real things constantly, so that moves as well. Unfortunately, there are no settings to make screensaver come on while trainz is running. It's a running program. For a screensaver, as mentioned by Shane, the Window's OS must see the computer as idle for whatever time you have it set to be before windows sends it into screensaver.

Some what true. My day job is programming. You have the ability to tell the OS not to go into screensaver. I do this quiet frequently, but I always leave myself a command line or preference to change this. The real question is did they and where is it.

Kevin

Back