Ground texture disappears when I use new one

rick76b

Hi there, I seem to have an issue with gound textures. It happens like this. I use any ground texture in Trainz 22 to paint a piece of board. Then I choose another ground texture and start painting somewhere else. The previously used ground texture disappears... Happened to me many times and is very annoying. Is this a bug or a setting feature? Anyone with the same issue and possibly a solution?

Ok. This might be the cause. Thanks. Can I downgrade to non-HD? I can only see the option to upgrade. Thanks anyway.

You should be able to select a baseboard and change it to 5m or 10m resolution. HD resolution (and its 16 texture limit) should only appear in Trainz Plus, not TRS22.

You should be able to select a baseboard and change it to 5m or 10m resolution. HD resolution (and its 16 texture limit) should only appear in Trainz Plus, not TRS22.
It really is the cause. I am on Trainz Plus and seem to have run out of those 16 textures. I tried it on another route and once you reach the limit any new texture goes away as well. Maybe a rookie question on top. How can I rub off any existing texture?? I have been using Trainz for many years now but never really found out. In the previous verisons I always re-textured. Now this seems uneffective with the limit.

It really is the cause. I am on Trainz Plus and seem to have run out of those 16 textures. I tried it on another route and once you reach the limit any new texture goes away as well. Maybe a rookie question on top. How can I rub off any existing texture?? I have been using Trainz for many years now but never really found out. In the previous verisons I always re-textured. Now this seems uneffective with the limit.
You can sample the original grey grid if you have any showing on any baseboard.
It's also in the texture menu, as "PBR Grid" or similar.
Once sampled you then paint over any textured area you want to change.

Rico

Back