Animated loco driver...

meatloaf747

Spotter...
Got a pleasant surprise the other day when I added some of Ocemy's ND5's loco's to a Murchison 2 session. A new animated driver called "Aleskie" is now the driver of one of the ND5's. The animated driver add's a lot of realism to the loco. Looks great!!!

The other ND5's in the session have the usual non animated drivers like "Alister" etc...

The question I would like to ask is is there any other animated loco drivers around? If so, where can I get them from please? (And are they easy to install)??? Note; I'm only referring to diesel loco's, not steam...

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Willie the gimp by altodave.
Loc. Brigade Railways by agentmike.
Loc. Emergency brigade 4t by olegkhim.
lb_ivanov grishenko by dumont.

Last edited:
There are four on the DLS by dricketts:

G Stuckey,<kuid:135229:100196>
JT Reynolds,<kuid:135229:100201>
L Simpson,<kuid:135229:100192>
S Witten,<kuid:135229:100199>

You just assign them to a loco like any other driver.

Hi Rick,

Didn't download "dricketts " drivers from the DLS in late 2011 as I didn't realize they where animated!!! Just downloaded them (.cdp's) from DLS & will install tonight. Many thanks...

Fran1; downloaded 3 out of the 4 & will also install them tonight. Thankyou also...

If you come across any others, please advise...

Cheers, Mac...

Didn't download "dricketts " drivers from the DLS in late 2011 as I didn't realize they where animated!!!

It’s fairly subtle animation, which to me is more realistic in the long run. There are also some animated drivers (actually they’re all the same with different names) that you can get with dermmy’s Kanshino route at Checkrail (http://www.checkrail.com/). The animation is much more dramatic (he sticks his head out of the cab periodically). In the right loco it’s great if the camera isn’t focused on it very often.

Thanks Rick. (nice little route: "Kanshino")!!!

Pleased I now have several animated diesel loco drivers...

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Hi everybody.
Could somebody please explain to me exactly what an American railroad driver is suppose to looks like. The opening poster described an american as someone who would be wearing a baseball cap or such like article of clothing. However, does the op not realise that baseball caps and other such similar head gear is warn extensively in European countries as it is on many other continents as well.

If my visits to the united states and reading serve me correctly then the american nation of today is made up of descendants of many of the original ethnic immigrants who came from countries all over the world, which is being added to further by continued ongoing immigration.

In the forgoing, each group has brought and continues to bring its own culture to the shores of the united states and in that has brought forward the rich mix of individuals that you see in all parts united states today. The forgoing situation is mirrored in many other countries of the world and especially Europe.

Therefore, as much as their is no pro-typical American or American locomotive engineer, so their is no pro-typical English, French, Italian or German individual or rail driver.

However, perhaps those who have the greatest claim to being true Americans would be the ethnic Indian tribes who where already on the continent when the first European settlers arrived. So, perhaps if an American engineer is required in the cab for Trainz, then that individual should be a member of an ethnic tribe such as the Sioux in full traditional costume including headdress. Perhaps that would satisfy the opening poster

Bill.
Posted from the 7:55pm Plymouth to Bristol Temple Meads First Great Western hst sevice, very crowded and running 12 minutes late.

Hi everybody. Could somebody please explain to me exactly what an American railroad driver is suppose to looks like. The opening poster described an american as someone who would be wearing a baseball cap or such like article of clothing. However, does the op not realise that baseball caps and other such similar head gear is warn extensively in European countries as it is on many other continents as well.
If my visits to the united states and reading serve me correctly then the american nation of today is made up of descendants of many of the original ethnic immigrants who came from countries all over the world, which is being added to further by continued ongoing immigration.
In the forgoing, each group has brought and continues to bring its own culture to the shores of the united states and in that has brought forward the rich mix of individuals that you see in all parts united states today. The forgoing situation is mirrored in many other countries of the world and especially Europe.
Therefore, as much as their is no pro-typical American or American locomotive engineer, so their is no pro-typical English, French, Italian or German individual or rail driver.
However, perhaps those who have the greatest claim to being true Americans would be the ethnic Indian tribes who where already on the continent when the first European settlers arrived. So, perhaps if an American engineer is required in the cab for Trainz, then that individual should be a member of an ethnic tribe such as the Sioux in full traditional costume including headdress. Perhaps that would satisfy the opening poster Bill.
Posted from the 7:55pm Plymouth to Bristol Temple Meads First Great Western hst sevice, very crowded and running 12 minutes late.

Gidday Bill,

I think this is the thread you where after; http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?113624-american-drivers-in-engine-cab

I'm the original poster of this thread and I was just after "animated" diesel loco drivers. Doesn't worry me what country they are from, whether they have a green cards or whether they are illegal aliens, what colour, race or creed they may be, what they are wearing, or even what god they may pray too... :hehe:

(all I'm after is just simple animated loco drivers to make my loco's look & feel more realistic).
Cheers Bill...

Happy trainzing.

Mac...

Last edited:
Willie the gimp by altodave.
Loc. Brigade Railways by agentmike.
Loc. Emergency brigade 4t by olegkhim.
lb_ivanov grishenko by dumont.
I did manage to alias the Driver: Alastair, and put all the Willy the Gimp files, in the Alastair file.
I created a "New Folder" in the Alastair folder, and all the Alastair files are hidden away in the "New Folder" (where Trainz can't see then ... a handy way to hide backup's in an assets file).
There are four on the DLS by dricketts:
G Stuckey,<kuid:135229:100196>
JT Reynolds,<kuid:135229:100201>
L Simpson,<kuid:135229:100192>
S Witten,<kuid:135229:100199>
You just assign them to a loco like any other driver.
I am experimenting with these, thank you for the information !
Got a pleasant surprise the other day when I added some of Ocemy's ND5's loco's to a Murchison 2 session. A new animated driver called "Aleskie" is now the driver of one of the ND5's. The animated driver add's a lot of realism to the loco. Looks great!!!
The other ND5's in the session have the usual non animated drivers like "Alister" etc...
The question I would like to ask is is there any other animated loco drivers around? If so, where can I get them from please? (And are they easy to install)??? Note; I'm only referring to diesel loco's, not steam...
Cheers, Mac...
Is it possible to obtain: The new animated driver for Ocemy's ND5, called "Aleskie" ?
It’s fairly subtle animation, which to me is more realistic in the long run. There are also some animated drivers (actually they’re all the same with different names) that you can get with dermmy’s Kanshino route at Checkrail (http://www.checkrail.com/). The animation is much more dramatic (he sticks his head out of the cab periodically). In the right loco it’s great if the camera isn’t focused on it very often.
The Checkrail: Kanshino route, Animated driver download link, is no longer working, is it possible to obtain this animated driver anywhere ?

Last edited:
Also see the latest electric traction locomotives I put on the DLS recently. A couple of them include animated engineers/fireman and a brakeman riding on board.

In IE and Firefox the link times out after a minute or two, "Problem Loading Webpage" ... I never have any problems with any other downloads, only with this one link.

I have downloaded from thousands of websites worldwide ... when using Vista, why would I have to turn off all my antivirus and firewall, and install Google Chrome, just to download this single CDP ?

I tried Russian dark unsweetened chocolates once, I will have to try out Russian cookies ... YUM !

I did every setting possible ... and still only this link is unable to display

Last edited:
Since the "position" line does not work in TRS2006, all animated drivers except for "Willy the Gimp" sit oddly atop a loco cab, leaning with their arms or legs protruding through the cab wall, or stand with the conductor floating outside the cab.

I am not sure if one can change the attachment point, or add an attachment point, of a driver, using a PEV tool, so that the drivers position is movable ?

I increased "Willy's" config file, animation loop speed from 1, to 10, and Willy jerks around like he had too much caffine.

On Ocemey's ND5 the drivers sit on the Left hand side of the cab, and I am unsure how to change their position to the Right hand side.

I'll have to try them all out in TS10 and TS12, and post some videos.

I hope that T:ANE has animated crews.

Last edited:
Back