Narrow gauge screenshots

Clearlake Lumber Company's #1 and #12 head up the hill to expand camp 1.

Locomotives by bdaneal, rolling stock by narrowgauge

Last edited:
Unloading and setting up Camp 1. CLC #1 heads back down the hill and #12 heads to the logging site to drop off the donkey engine.

Last edited:
Yay! I finally got prowler901's CLC #1 running in TANE.

Lovely little 37-2 1904 Lima shay with a lovely whistle.

Wow Its been about 6 years since I last seen anyone post shots of Prowler901's Shays. I forgot what they looked like because I never got them working when I had a PC. Amazing Screenshots there Norm. :)

To get Prowler901's Shay working in TANE:

1. Download the Shay from Prowler901's Web site http://www.steammachine.com/prowler/ under Downloads/Trainz UTC SP3 and look for "Clear Lake Shay KUID 43955:0002"

2. Import the CDP into TANE CM

3. View dependancies

4. Open each of the two truck dependancies for editing.

5. Using PEVsoft's PM2IM convert each trucks mesh file

6. Using PEVsoft's QuickShadows create a shadow.im for each.

7. Using AssetX

7a. open each asset and manually change the trainz-build to 3.5

7b. Under the repair menu select each bold menu item except the update trainz build.

7c. Close save AssetX

7d. Submit the asset and then open it for editing again.

7e. Select create thumbnails from the CM Content menu.

7f. Submit the asset.

8. Repeat the above steps for the remaining three faulty assets but do not creat shadows for them.

9. Close the dependancies window, and open the main shay asset.

10. Again convert the mesh file and create a shadow.im

11. Again use AssetX to manually change the buildt to 3.5 and go through the repair menu items.

12. Ta-da!

If you had no idea what I'm talking about do some reading around the forum. Good Luck.

Thanks NormHart, just one problem for me. PEV tools on fixing textures only work for PC's not Macs so as much as I would love to apply these fixes, my only way of fixing this texture issues works in two ways. #1 is that a PC user (who has already applied the necessary fixes above and sends me the fix version that way or...... #2 someone on a Mac finds a way or program that works the same way efficiently.... :(

Thanks NormHart, just one problem for me. PEV tools on fixing textures only work for PC's not Macs so as much as I would love to apply these fixes, my only way of fixing this texture issues works in two ways. #1 is that a PC user (who has already applied the necessary fixes above and sends me the fix version that way or...... #2 someone on a Mac finds a way or program that works the same way efficiently.... :(

You might try it without fixing the textures. If I remember there wasn't much to fix... OK I'm back, I just checked his other Shay, which I have not fixed yet, and it looks like there may not be any textures that need work. Good Luck.
Meshes on the other hand most definitely need PEV tools. In either case passing around altered meshes and textures would probably violate Prowler901's licencing agreement.

Last edited:
IE Wine = Windows Emulator
I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that it's actually Wine Is Not an Emulator, although that could have been a joke.
I didn't know it was for Macs, though. I've only ever used it for Ubuntu.

Matt, I feel your pain. Pev's Images2TGA works fine for me, except that the openwith from CM puts the wrong slashes in the command, so I have to run it manually. Yay.

Last edited:
Back