Magma Arizona #7 on the Texas State Railroad

gtasa

Die Hard IC/CN Fan
I went to Texas to see the Magma Arizona #7, a 2-8-2 built in 1917 by Baldwin. Now from railfanning diesels all the time this was way cooler and a different experience just watching diesels. I think sometime this year she was put back together after being down since 2001.

Hope you guys don't mind if I share the video.

I'm still trying to figure out the whistle, it almost sounds like a Crosby 3 Chime but I am not sure on that.

Her whistle definitely reminds me of the ones on the Cass Shays (or at least the Hiesler). Nice video!

Thanks for that. I was wonder about the other steamers are they down too?
From what I recall, the 316 needs a new boiler along with the 500. 300 is still going strong. Rode here when I was just a lad (dang! that was 15 years ago! My, my, time flys!). Glad to see MARR 7 running again. Going to go build 2 models of her (with some freelancing involved) out of LEGOS. Wish we could see MARR 5 running again. She is just rusting away down in Galveston at the museum there. I'm not too much of a fan of the copper smoke box. I'm more of the grey and black scheme, yet, it works just fine for her

From what I recall, the 316 needs a new boiler along with the 500. 300 is still going strong. Rode here when I was just a lad (dang! that was 15 years ago! My, my, time flys!). Glad to see MARR 7 running again. Going to go build 2 models of her (with some freelancing involved) out of LEGOS. Wish we could see MARR 5 running again. She is just rusting away down in Galveston at the museum there. I'm not too much of a fan of the copper smoke box. I'm more of the grey and black scheme, yet, it works just fine for her

I think the copper smokebox makes her stand out. As for MARR #5, do you think they would buy her if they could?

Back