Roumor in gaming circles of Micro$oft acquiring Trainz franchise...

VinnyBarb

*HRH in real life*
I have it on good authority that Micro$oft's gaming division is about to acquire the lucrative Trainz franchise from N3V Games. The apparent reason being, M$ would like to revive its old M$ Train Simulator game and this way via N3V Games seems to be the easiest way for M$ to go about. The sad part being, the route building, as we know it from Trainz, will revert back to the old way this was done previous in M$TS. In other words, not the best way to build routes.

Current CEO of N3V Games, Tony Hilliam will be offered a vice presidency in charge of the new M$TS development, which also most likely will mean (of which my informed sources are not yet clear about), any of the KickStart implementations announced so far by N3V Games might or might not be taken over and implemented for the new Micro$oft Train Simulator. The release of the new M$TS will be in about 11 months time or so I have been told.

At this moment, no official announcements have been made by either party involved but I am sure, as my informed sources tell me, should not be too far off in getting officially acknowledged.

Will this be a good thing for Trainz, as a lot of M$ resources and manpower could mean Trainz, or now M$TS X can only be for the best of a Train Simulation? Or will this be a step backward, remember, route building will not be as we know it presently.

Comments are invited.

VinnyBarb

Well... this is either going to be really good or really bad. I am not going to like it one bit if the old way of route building comes back... That way is outdated and pales in comparison to the current system.
EDIT: Just realized the date.:hehe:

Last edited:
Vinnybarb

That will set tongues wagging. I hope you are wrong although it would be good for N3V. Not for us, Im afraid

Good to see you back on the forums.

Peter

Hello:
Its just not that important to me.
I have enough Assets to keep me going for years.
I have my grandfathers 100 year old hand saw, had it sharpened 20+ago I still use it.
Also my grandfathers axe, changed the handle twice and blade once, still the same axe. Right?:hehe:

Good detective work there VinnyBarb. I can't comment much on this topic, so I won't agree or deny to any of the claims.

Whatever the outcome is, I am sure you guys will enjoy the new era Trainz is heading towards.

Here's a sneak peak of one of the contents we are working on currently as part of an undisclosed product.

bFlfzIB.jpg

Regards,
Sidds

Attachments

• sptrainz.jpg
    sptrainz.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 8
Who in there right mind would seriously call it "a voyage of unexpectedness" if it wasn't a joke?

Edit.......... by the way... it looks like a suppository.

Last edited:
Oh dear, it's that date of the year again.

Btw, you forgot to mention we all need a new Xbox to use this 'new' version. :hehe:

Greetings from sunny Amsterdam,

Jan

Well, I'm no fool! As soon as the sun comes up, I'm heading out to buy a Xbox so I will be ready to go where no Trainzer has gone before!

Cheers...Rick

I also heard they are going to buy all the Railworks payware on Steam, convert them and sell it to Trainz users.

Pretty sure vb did a similar thing last year. Both resulted in me having serious giggles

Back