GCT (Grand Central..) Track use question

flusi737

SBB Cargo Germany
Hi,

I want to add the missing New Rochelle - GCT Part to my NEC in the next weeks, and have one simple question :) I visited GCT last year to take pics, but forgot one important thing: To ask what tracks are used by the trains using the New Haven Line. Does anyone know that?

Felix

I was going to give you the answer, but I noticed that you're asking about Grand Central Terminal. I don't know how it works there, but I do know that at Penn Station, each track is assigned to a different railroad, which I learned from a recent edition of Trains magazine. I don't know if you need that info or not, but I'm just letting you know.

idk if this is normal but it probably wouldn't be the biggest crime to use these:
maxresdefault.jpg

peter

Edit: there is also a list on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Central_Terminal#Platforms_and_tracks

Last edited:
Thanks...never saw that list (damn german wikipedia version does not have it ^^). So that means on every possible track...well. seemslike i have to rebuild upper and lower level

Yes they can leave off of any track. The only restrictions are that the locomotives are not permitted on the lower level as they don't have the power to pull a train up the grade. That being said, during rush hour locals and short distance trains are more more likely to leave off the lower level while express and longer distance trains tend to stay on the upper level. During weekend service trains will generally stay on the upper level.

Back