A message to mike10

PortLineParker

UK Route Builder
Hi all, sorry for this but I was unable to send this over PM. Before anyone replies, please understand this is not a gimme request, I just wondered about this.
Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Before I ask you a question, let me just say I don't intend for this to sound as if I'm a gimmepig, because believe you me, I'm so not. However, I have a simple question to ask and would be pleased if you would oblige by answering.

The S&C content that is available at settleandcarlisle.com is amazing, and I wondered if it was ever going to be released to the DLS? Obviously, it is still used by those who have S&C, such as myself, but for others who don't, it would be lovely to see some decent Mk1's plus the other content available to download.

My reason for asking is because I am in the process of making the Swanage and Bluebell railways for Trainz 12 and 10 respectively, and the sessions that I plan to use for multiplayer include some content from s&c.com. I'm not asking you to upload it to the DLS, heavens no, as I completely understand that you must pay to get this content. What I was wondering was that if in the future it will be uploaded to the DLS, say when S&C is discontinued? It was just a thought, as I'm sure you know paulhobbs has recently done the same with his models which the community is grateful for.

Thank you for your time, and I really do hope this hasn't come across in the wrong manner. I am not asking you to upload it, I was merely wondering if it ever will be.
Many thanks,

PortLineParker

S&C is still N3V payware, I'm not certain if multiplayer can use assets from S&C if both have S&C installed it might be worth trying. I don't think Mike10 has the authority to make everything available on the DLS. Some individual assets are available on the DLS by the way, S&C contains some DLS assets including some of mine.

Cheerio John

Many thanks for your reply, I did wonder the same thing. If both computers running the session has S&C content installed, would it work? The coaches from settleandcarlisle.co.uk, although not actually built in or available on the DLS are displayed as built in, so I wonder if that would work. However, if it did not, I was wondering about what to do, which led me to my original question..

PortLineParker

So many of the Mk1 assets were released over an extended period via the S&C website, rather than with the original S&C package. Consequently they will not appear as built-in in Content Manager. However, if you are using in an MP session some original coaches from the package then, as I understand it, there should not be a problem as long as all the players have the coaches loaded and they have not been superseded by updates loaded from the website.

Thanks for your response. Strangely, all S&C content, whether from the addon or the website is displayed as built in. Do you still think they'll work?

Thanks for your response. Strangely, all S&C content, whether from the addon or the website is displayed as built in. Do you still think they'll work?

If you're on TS12 SP1 and have updated to the DLC then it should work. Best thing to do is try it.

Cheerio John

To clarify some of the above posts, the SP1 version of S&C includes all the website content as built-in.

Ah, that'd be why then. Thanks all for your help; I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.
Many thanks,

PortLineParker

Back