Switch Stands, Animated for TRS2004

npr284

Hi,

Anyone know if there are any "animated" switch stands for TRS2004? I found a left and right stand at TPR site, but they are static only.

Thank you.

Al

Thank you Slugsmasher:

I tried many switch stands and for the life of me can not really get any of them to animate. I "think" they are supposed to "turn" when the switch is thrown, but just can not make them work. They look real nice thou.

Thank you in advance for any info. I'll try the ng36 stands in the mean time.

Which ones are you using?

All of the lever types which I have, as far as I remember, shift when the points (turnouts) are changed.

Give us the names & kuids of the ones which aren't working for you and we can check them out.

Point of information: is the OP talking about the standard sort of lever "animation" which just consists of two meshes, one for each position the switchstand (or lever) assumes, or an actual animation (with .anim file) which rotates through a number of frames greater than two when changing position?

Thank all for the replies and concerns. Well, after many long hours or tinkering with a few types of switch stands by slugsmasher and others, I was able to make nearly all of them operate as planned. Discovered I had to first delete the TRS switchstand and then install the replacement. I figured it I deleted the TRS stand, then that would destroy the switch and then it would have to be remade again by laying track. I've been building this layout now for about 8 years and am still learning new tricks!

It amazing to see the stands work too! My layout is essentially completed, but now want to add as much realism and also things that "move" or smoke or lights, etc to make it better.

Best to all. :)

Al

Hi Al,

You could have used, and I hope you did use, the replace assets utility. This saves a ton of time when doing stuff like this.

John

Hi Al,

You could have used, and I hope you did use, the replace assets utility. This saves a ton of time when doing stuff like this.

John

From his original post it looks like he's actually using TRS2004 and not just the '04 switch assets in 2009/2010. No replace assets utility in '04 :(

Back