built in GP60M, GP60B & SP1

jd_james

I know there has been endless complaints about SP1 for TRS12. But after doing some searching, I am surprised to see that no one talked about the problem with the built in GP60M & GP60B units since SP1. The rear trucks spin the opposite direction. With all the hot fixes since SP1, you would think it would have been easily fixed.

With that said, is there anything I can do to fix this? It's very annoying to see the wheels rotate the opposite direction.

The wheels on the right-hand side of Peter Hicks' Class 222 do the same. It may be to do with the bogies themselves, as it only happens to me on that train. I saw too, on a youtube video poking a little fun at the inaccuracies of Trainz (in a joking manner, may I add) that the (Virgin Class 390 Pendolino/TGV) also does the same thing.

Jack

The wheels on the right-hand side of Peter Hicks' Class 222 do the same. It may be to do with the bogies themselves, as it only happens to me on that train. I saw too, on a youtube video poking a little fun at the inaccuracies of Trainz (in a joking manner, may I add) that the (Virgin Class 390 Pendolino/TGV) also does the same thing.

Jack

but if everything was fine prior to SP1, what happened during the patch to cause the wheels to reverse? Why can't a simple hot patch be released to fix the issues with the built in rolling stock?

Can I just ask, was everything definitely fine before the patch? Did you see that prior to the patch being installed, all wheels were turning the right way? Please don't think I am doubting your judgement at all. I only ask because the only way I know of wheels turning the wrong way is by what Shane said earlier, when the creator used reversed bogies, and as far as I am aware, a patch wouldn't cause one half of a bogie to spin the other way when it was working fine prior to the patch*. You could try changing the dependencies if it bugs you too much. Personally, it wouldn't bug me because I don't tend to look at the wheels, and the only time it would bug me is when driving a steam locomotive :)

Regards, Jack

*I am not a scripter or anything like that, so I'm not too sure about that :hehe:

Last edited:
I can confirm, as I had posted about the same exact issue before SP1. Besides, it is just some random Santa Fe units, built-in. You can find way better ones on the DLC or RRMods/JointRail sites.

Can I just ask, was everything definitely fine before the patch? Did you see that prior to the patch being installed, all wheels were turning the right way? Please don't think I am doubting your judgement at all. I only ask because the only way I know of wheels turning the wrong way is by what Shane said earlier, when the creator used reversed bogies, and as far as I am aware, a patch wouldn't cause one half of a bogie to spin the other way when it was working fine prior to the patch*. You could try changing the dependencies if it bugs you too much. Personally, it wouldn't bug me because I don't tend to look at the wheels, and the only time it would bug me is when driving a steam locomotive :)

Regards, Jack

*I am not a scripter or anything like that, so I'm not too sure about that :hehe:
The issue dose not exist on build 49922 and below. I have tried it as a clean install and a gradual update to the latest build.

@pdkoester
While I understand I can just go and get other models, the fact of the matter is the models already built into TRS12 is pretty good despite the problem. What I want to know is why has there not been any solution to this problem been included with the hotfix releases since SP1?

These models are not so random ether. according to the config file, it was made by the people at Virtual Motive Division. Do they know about this problem?

The GP60s actually are from JR

well kinda... i did make them when i was VMD.

i think this problem was fixed at least here, i also remember adding some updates on the DLS, but that is probably what is in SP1. i will take a look at them and add them to the DLS if they need to be.

well kinda... i did make them when i was VMD.

i think this problem was fixed at least here, i also remember adding some updates on the DLS, but that is probably what is in SP1. i will take a look at them and add them to the DLS if they need to be.

Not to wake a sleeping horse, but you have been so helpful lately, and wondered if you took a look at them, and add them to the DLS? There is no way to manually edit or clone them. Still rotating backwards on rear truck/bogey. Unfortunately, I have had a lot of time going through things since I cannot resolve other issue. Thanks in advance for your help and support.

Paul

I have had a look at both locomotives in TS12 before and after the patch with these results.

For the two locomotives (ATSF GP60B,<kuid2:45324:100061:1> and ATSF GP60B,<kuid2:45324:100061:1>) in TS12 pre SP1 both sets of bogies go in the right direction.

As you can see from the Bogie entry in the config.txt files for each locomotive, one of the bogies is reversed.

bogey <kuid2:45324:50009:1>
bogey-1-r <kuid2:45324:50009:1>

However, the locomotives (ATSF GP60B,<kuid2:45324:100061:2> and ATSF GP60B,<kuid2:45324:100061:2>) in TS12 SP1 with hot fixes, one set of bogies goes in reverse.

Note the new version number.

At some stage somebody updated the config.txt file by adding a Bogie container

bogeys
{
{
reversed 0
}

{
reversed 0
}
}

As you can see from this neither bogie is reversed so the person who updated the locomotives to TS12 standards made a mistake which, since it is a builtin item, can only be easily rectified by N3V in a patch or by an update by the creator.

Back