WIP-Cornell Line 6/30/13 *Warning-Large Pics*

haddock56

So I've now commenced the biggest route-building project I've ever taken on--modeling the line from Corry PA to Cornell NY. I'm aware that there might be another route that includes this, but I wanted to model this particular section because it runs through my old hometown of Jamestown NY. At the moment I have next to no scenery, but it will be added soon. Feedback is both welcomed and appreciated. What you'll see in these pictures was not created with TransDEM--it was built from scratch using Google Maps and there was no overlay used in-game.

Feedback is both welcomed and appreciated.
Okay:
.... using Google Maps and there was no overlay used in-game.
The use of google maps probably explains the huge distance between the different tracks, as it sometimes looks like that on google maps (I had the same experience when I tried that). It looks like your tracks are 10m+ apart, which is rarely the case in real life. Consider putting the tracks a LOT closer together, reducing the distance by at least 1/3.
Hope that helps.

Okay:The use of google maps probably explains the huge distance between the different tracks, as it sometimes looks like that on google maps (I had the same experience when I tried that). It looks like your tracks are 10m+ apart, which is rarely the case in real life. Consider putting the tracks a LOT closer together, reducing the distance by at least 1/3.
Hope that helps.

Thanks. My main problem is that Trainz never seems to want to cooperate when laying track close together, so I will end up shortening the space between the yard tracks. Had to lay the track a little out of realism to be able to get everything where I wanted it. Although currently half the track is already laid on the entire route.

Could've been a number of things, lost interest, monster computer crash, having to reinstall trainz and forgetting to make a back-up, etc.

Back