Jointed Rail Gondola's problem. Please help!

Davie_UCF

Here since 2001, Trainz!!
I got the Gondolas from JR.. got a ProtoLars Scrap industry.. They load but.. look like this.. This is not scrap?!

If I manually load the Gondolas in Surveyor, the scrap looks fine.

download screenshot

Is this a problem with the gondolas or the industry?

Please help! I've spent ages setting up the industries to be disappointed they seem to load bricks :s

Last edited:
Heres proof it's not the industry.

Two other gons loading scrap fine. Also proof the JR gon is loading scrap but not displaying it as scrap.

I've looked in the configs and can't find anything that appears wrong. In the metal load folder the texture is for scrap metal not bricks. In the config the bricks load is top of the list but not sure if that would cause it..

Last edited:
It loads it if you do it via surveyor and is already in the list.. They're made for scrap!

I edited a config of one of them moving the metal load to the top of the list above the bricks.. then it loaded it fine. Seems to be a problem with Trainz if it's looking at the first entry in the list and using that? :|

Check the max weight of the car and weight of the scrap + car weight, see if the scrap exceeds the limit.

John

Check the max weight of the car and weight of the scrap + car weight, see if the scrap exceeds the limit.

John

I saw this aswell. The gons wouldn't load fully.. but soon realised it was the max weight in the config.
Surely this is unrelated to the problem above as if I move scrap metal up the queues list it loads it fine. Almost like Trainz picks the first thing it sees in the list, which in this case was the bricks load.. even though its actually loading scrap in the properties window it's showing the bricks texture.

These were updated not too long after they were released. Did you grab the updates and make sure to overwrite anything that CMP asked for? If not try that first, I will set up a session to test the ones I have and report back.

Thanks!

Mike

These were updated not too long after they were released. Did you grab the updates and make sure to overwrite anything that CMP asked for? If not try that first, I will set up a session to test the ones I have and report back.

Thanks!

Mike

I only downloaded them two days ago so I assume they are the most recent. Thanks for looking into it :)

What are you using to load these? I notice that the load is called Scrap Metal 4, I have had this issue a while back when I realized that some loads I grabbed from the DLS were doing strange things or not loading at all.

Thanks

Mike

Check the mass of Scrap Metal 4 in the config, I show it as 2.5, way to heavy, it should be .75 to .81 for scrap iron & steels.

John

I've tried with Scrap Metal 4 and a variety of different commodities all named Scrap Metal, but when loading manually in surveyor they all look the same as a load in the gon.. but when the industry loads them they look like bricks.

If I managed to 'fix' it by moving the bulk_load_metal queue to the top of the queues list above the bricks load.. surely its either a problem with the gondola's or with how Trainz reads a config?

The gondola's are set to load any of the 4 scrap metal commodities i found on the DLS, not sure how they differ but they all look the same when loaded and their kuids are in the Gondolas config file.

So i've set up my industry to use the builtin scrap commodity. ( Scrap metal <kuid2:30671:9720410:2> )
The two closest gon's i've put the metal load to the top of the queue in the config.. and the two at the end are as they were when installed.

small screenshot utility

You can see the two closest show the correct load, but the two at the back show bricks. Even though as seen in the properties window they are loading scrap.

Hope that makes it even clearer.. along with using a default scrap load. :)

Last edited:
Back