Always Something, Eh?

RHKluckhohn

This time it's the ASB-controlled SOO crossings 1 and 2. CNW crossings 3 and 4 seem to be OK. Where this happened, the ASB controller lost its links to one, some, or all, of its signals and inserted a superfluous signal entry in places. [FONT=&quot]Not all sessions are afflicted so it's not as bad as might be. [/FONT]This must be corrected in each session where it occurs. The correction applies to the session layer rather than the route.

The controller shows "SIGNAL MISSING!" Delete those entries and reconnect the signals. The signal name is on the masts, or check the signal properties sheet.

ASB 1, SOO/MILW at Military Road, has one signal on either side on the MILW, a single SOO signal on the west (north) and two on the east (south).

ASB 2. SOO/CNW near Land O'Lakes, is linked to 1 signal south, 2 signals north and 1 each east and west.

This will be corrected in subsequent session updates.

From what I recall, sometimes the signals change their names, thus the missing signal error. Try to see if these sigs are changing names each time the error occurs.

On a side note, questions get much greater attention in the forums as not too many people even touch the Blog feature.

Thanks for your comment!

If they changed, then they changed back again, because they are the same as they were. It's -- interesting? curious? -- that missing signals were added to balance out the numbers on main and cross routes.

But all this happened when route and sessions were imported from 2009, like the broken turntable tracks and the collapsed limestone conveyor. Hopefully it will not recur.

No one has addressed this particular issue with me yet and maybe no one but you and I will notice... the blog is mainly just to document things so I can refer back.

:B~)

Back