ZD SOFT

HSSRAIL

I attempted to purchase this software and it asked for a hardware fingerprint.

No other software I have ever purchased has ever asked for this. In addition they have a icon that says click on for more information on this hardware fingerprint and it says nothing on how to obtain it.

In addition they do not furnish a phone number to call and the e-mail servor won't let me submit a ticket for support.

Does anyone know the business address of ZD Soft?

I do not reccomend anyone buy this software and I am definitely going to file a complaint against them with the better business bureau. I am simply furious.

Howard

Windows automatically does a hardware fingerprint to protect itself against piracy but it's nothing but a nuisance and an intrusion. Try replacing any component with an older or less powerful one and you'll find yourself being asked to please explain by Microsoft. Why bother with ZD Soft? If you're looking to do screen videos, you can use CamStudio (free but not entirely brilliant) or FRAPS. The free version of FRAPS can do 30 second stints, whilst the pro version is about the same price as ZD Soft. On a ratings chart, FRAPS would be close to 99.999% whilst ZD Top would probably be 001%.

There's no use complaining, just clicking the button probably means the install package did the Hardware fingerprint. It only takes a nanosecond, so it probably did what it was meant to do. Other than that, the program probably follows all the rules, meaning that it's about as legitimate as you could get.

Good luck

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. ZD Soft aggravated me very very much. Although, I was able to get a hold of their customer service department and get a refund. Therefore a report to the Better Business Bureau will not be necessary. I decided to purchase Fraps that transaction and activation went thru flawlessly.

ZD Softs website is in need of serious improvement.

Best Wishes

Howard

I've used the ZD Soft Game Recorder and Screen Recorder for several years without a problem. I just recently upgraded to the 3.0 version which combines the functions of their three earlier versions for the same low price as just one of the earlier versions. I am a very happy user.

As far as hardware footprints are concerned they are used more than you know. Many companies just don't tell you that it is done when you activate the software before using it the first time. ZD Soft is up front about it.

As I'm sure Auran can tell you, people stealing your product is a problem. A small utility such as ZD Recorder is very easy to use and appeals to users that don't think twice about stealing it. I can't blame them for taking steps to at least deter the casual user from "sharing" their software.

I've used Fraps as well and although it is a nice program it does not have all the functions that ZD Recorder has in its newest version. But to each his own. I just wanted to share my experience so there is some balance here.

William

Back