Wide screen monitors

Hi,

I have tried all that has been suggested by the community without success. I run Trainz 2006 and I have tried all the settings under options which run from 800 x 600 to 1600 x 900.
I think this might be down to my monitor being a 20inch with 1600 x 900 native setting without a larger display ability.
Zec was right that I will have to put up with the 1024 x 768 setting with black bands.
Thanks to all again for your help.
Regards
Mick

Oh really?

2006options.jpg

Shot at 2009-07-03
Hi,
You may be interested to know that I run Trainz2006 and i only have the following settings to choose from;-

800 x 600
1024 x 768
1152 x 864
1280 x 800
1440 x 900
1600 x 900

Regards
Mick

I have a 24" at 1920x1200 and should therefore be able to use 1600x900; however, this option does NOT show in Options for TRS2006. Go figure.

The display resolutions shown in the Trainz setup dialogue box are irrelevant. As suggested about a dozen times in this thread over-ride them in trainzoptions.txt, then fix the resulting distortion (if any) by setting an appropriate cabinfov and driverfov (haven't bothered to check, but pretty sure they are the tags, correct tags and appropriate values in the link I have referred to twice already).....

andy

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

I am running TRS06 on a 19 inch wide screen monitor set 1280x1024 and the screen looks fine with correctly shaped rolling stack and no black bans at the side of the screen. It may be worth trying

Andy

Hi Mike,

I am running TRS06 on a 19 inch wide screen monitor set 1280x1024 and the screen looks fine with correctly shaped rolling stack and no black bans at the side of the screen. It may be worth trying

Andy

Hi,

There is no one more frustrated about this than me. I can't get the display screen to stretch to anything over 900 in HEIGHT "trainzoptions.txt" can't even do this. It has also been confirmed by zec, only trainz2009 has this ability and this is Auran Games telling me this.

Regards
Mick

Have you tried Windowed mode? Apologies if I'm telling you nothing new, but to switch Trainz into Windowed mode delete these commands from trainzoptions.txt if they are present:
-Fullscreen
-WindowPosX
-WindowPosY
Add these commands (you've probably already got the first two):
-Height=(a number)
-Width=(a number)
-Windowed

In my experience the cabin and driver FOV angles apply equally to both the X and Y axis in TRS2004 and therefore have no effect on the aspect ratio (whether objects appear fatter or thinner than they should). However, I'm aware that other people have said they do, so this comment is very tentative and maybe TRS2006 and/or TS2009WBE behave differently to TRS2004.

You might have to live with the menus stretched lengthways but you should be able to get other things such as the main display, the DCC HUD dial, Surveyor spline circles and the map mode circle all correct.

HTH, John

I can't get the display screen to stretch to anything over 900 in HEIGHT "trainzoptions.txt" can't even do this. It has also been confirmed by zec, only trainz2009 has this ability Mick

Nope, I run TRS04 & TRS06 1024 high - always have, and about a zillion users do likewise, and plenty folks running higher than that.

Post your entire trainzoptions.txt...

Last edited:
Nope, I run TRS04 & TRS06 1024 high - always have, and about a zillion users do likewise, and plenty folks running higher than that.

Post your entire trainzoptions.txt...

Hi,

My monitor ( a 20inch ) will not increase in height ie;- MY monitors native settings are 1600 x 900.
Here is the entire "trainzoptions.txt" for Trainz2006;---

-DepthBits=24
-StencilBits=8
-fullscreen
-Jet=bin
-cabinfov=65
-driverfov=55
-DefaultAutoMip=none

I do know there are 20inch monitors which will allow the height to go to 1024 but mine will not go higher than 900

Last edited:
Hi,

It has taken some time to sort this problem and I am glad to say I now have Trainz2006 running just fine on a Wide screen monitor.

Regards
mike

Hello Mike,

I've read this thread with interest as I have just purchased a brand new 22" widescreen TFT monitor for a snip ( £99 ), could you post your trainzoptions.txt here so that others may see how to configure their settings please....My resolution is 1680 x 1050.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Last edited:
I am running the same screen resolution on a 22" monitor and I have nothing about it in the trainzoptions file. I selected it in the options menu accessed from the start-up screen (06 and 09)

The monitor*s screen refresh rate must be 60 hertz, not 75 and then the resolution 1680x1050 will show in Trainz.

Back