Wide Screen LCD Monitor

macka

Hi,
I am looking into purchasing a LCD monitor and was wondering if a widescreen is OK. I am worried that it might distort the image.
Thanks,
Macka

If your video card can handle the wide resolution, then you shouldn't have a problem.

However I think you have to manually set the With and height in the Trainzoptions.ini file.

Regards

Depends on your monitor and video card what resolutions can be used, I have an 8800GTS with a 20.1in widescreen LCD and I can go upto 1680x1050 in settings for TC.

Not sure about TRS2006 though as I don't have it installed on this system.

I have the same card with a 24" monitor and am running it at 1600x1200 on my '04 game. Never had to manually go into any file and adjust anything. I do have a little distortion but not bad.

I have a 19" Widescreen LG LCD monitor, and I have run TC in widescreen without any distortion. I haven't tried TRS06 or TRS04 though, as I run them, and now TC windowed with preset height and width settings.

IMHO, however, I would prefer a widescreen monitor over a square monitor any day.

Chris

Has anyone hooked up a 50" plasma TV to Trainz yet. I've got one that I'm just itching to give it a try on. The TV has an input for computer video.

I did run TRS on a widescreen TV once, don't know the size of it sadly. It was pretty cool; but MSFS was better on it :D

peter

Ive got a Samsung forget size HUGE widescreen LCD Tv with PC input the TV is plug n play set the input boot the PC n hey presto Trainz on TV AWESOME................as well as other things/games/ect

I have a widescreen laptop, and it all works fine. Just remember when you get your widescreen to set the screen resloution in the trainz setup menu found via the TRS launcher to as close to yours as possible, or you will get blank empty spaces at the sides of your screen.

I have a widescreen laptop, and it all works fine. Just remember when you get your widescreen to set the screen resloution in the trainz setup menu found via the TRS launcher to as close to yours as possible, or you will get blank empty spaces at the sides of your screen.

or ou will get a skewed image; depending on how your grafix card does things. I found that the resolutions in the Trainz setup area were not as close as I desired; you can also go into the trainzoptions file and changed them manually.

peter

Thanks to all the members who gave me info on the wide screen LCD's.
I purchased a Samsung 22" wide screen yesterday and am very happy with the results. The only thing that is slightly distorted is the start-up screen and the menus in Surveyor (which actually makes it easier to see}
It certainly makes it a lot easier in Surveyor.
Thanks,
Macka ;)

I just picked up a 22 incher yesterday. It makes surveyor much easier on the eyes. Google Earth is much easier to read now too.

When in trainzoptions, set high and width to the same resolution as in the monitor and graphics card. Then set cabin fov=75 and driverfov=90, and whamm!:udrool: you get cinemascope or something like it. Play with this and have fun.

Back